Golf Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
That's nothing!

I've played with a 22 handicapper who uses a GPS AND a range finder AND then paces out to the front of the green for everything under 100 yards or so. And yet his ball striking is so woefully inconsistent that none of them are worth doing in isolation, let alone all three together! ?

B0D8C05F-4C06-4096-A4D9-C441BB834FD7.jpeg

sunshine

Visit site
That’s a joke

Why is that a joke? Are the fairways at Phil's club really muddy?

I played Woodhall Spa and Luffenham Heath last week and there was no need for preferred lies on the fairways. Even on my parkland course, yesterday I only touched my ball once on the fairway, and that was because I could rather than because I needed to.

D

Deleted member 15344

I played Woodhall Spa and Luffenham Heath last week and there was no need for preferred lies on the fairways. Even on my parkland course, yesterday I only touched my ball once on the fairway, and that was because I could rather than because I needed to.

I don’t think the course is too far away , the front 9 was fine , didn’t have any issues really but there are a few patches

There are 4/5 holes on the back that just need a bit more warmth and covering of grass to grow. It was just a couple weeks too early to bring off preffered lies

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Strangely enough we announced an end to preferred lies via the website this morning (meaning 90% of the membership will be blissfully unaware). It was drying out nicely at the weekend but of course raining again today and like LP's course good in some parts but a few holes on the back nine that need a little more time and so would like to have seen preferred lies in place until Easter when we have a board event

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No prefered lies in place for the first time on Saturday. Wasn't a problem. But of rain about this week, might change things!

That's on the website, the pre weekend email and we have an A Frame on the first tee every Saturday stating the comp format, allowances and any course conditions etc. No excuse not to be absolutely clear

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

because he said they were removed on 1st April, you know that date when jokes are quite common.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Teeing mats at Little Hay today. They were the kind you can put a tee in anywhere, but far too soft which made it a challenge just to get the tee to stay upright! Plus they were too small. A couple of times to hit at the angle I wanted with driver, my heels were off the back edge of it. :confused:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Players (pros mostly) who have ball and marker on the green at the same time (other than the act of marking or replacing the ball)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I don't hate her, just a huge dislike.
She just gets my hackles up

Shes one of my missus' random irritations as well and I can see why to be fair. Shes brutal at times.

I find her rather attractive which winds my missus up even more.

Plus when I met her at the gym once she was lovely.