Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Taking nearly 4 1/4 hours as a 2 ball this afternoon
One massive problem with not having a booking system is there's no control over the number of people who want to play.
We started around 12.30
It wasn't fast be we ticked along and turned about 15 minutes over normal time...just after 2
Then we had to wait 20 minutes at the 10th
With a 2 tee start there were 4 groups waiting....and it was painfully slow on the back 9
2 1/2 hours to play, waiting on every shot, waiting on every tee for 6 or 7 minutes ..
There were simply too many people on the course.....
If only there was a way to control the numbers on the course....:unsure:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One massive problem with not having a booking system is there's no control over the number of people who want to play.
We started around 12.30
It wasn't fast be we ticked along and turned about 15 minutes over normal time...just after 2
With a 2 tee start there were 4 groups waiting....and it was painfully slow on the back 9
2 1/2 hours to play, waiting on every shot, waiting on every tee for 6 or 7 minutes ..
Sorry to hear that. TTy BRS with 10 minute intervals and nobody can cut in on the 10th unless the whole,of the 9th is clear OR no cutting in whatsoever on the 10th.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
We started around 12.30

Sounds like a nightmare all around.
I couldn’t play at a course with a two tee start. I can’t get my head around that. Just screams hold up.

I’ll hazard a guess that at the first tee people tee off when the fairway is clear rather than the green? That’s a big culprit for bunching up and slow rounds as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sounds like a nightmare all around.
I couldn’t play at a course with a two tee start. I can’t get my head around that. Just screams hold up.

I’ll hazard a guess that at the first tee people tee off when the fairway is clear rather than the green? That’s a big culprit for bunching up and slow rounds as well.
Got it in one..
When we had to book, during covid, we barely had any holdups......I wonder what the reason was..:unsure:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Over 4 1/2 hours in a medal and a group containing the usual slow play suspect losing over two holes and the course stacking up. Because he was going well and looking for a pick up from the swindle more than winning the event (he played with the guy that won and so knew that wasn't on the cards) it was sod everyone else. Formal letter of complaint has been filed but the manager, captain and committee haven't the balls to do anything so it'll get swept under the carpet and he'll continue to lose holes every time there is a competition.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Started at the 8th and having an amazing round going walking down to the 1st tee - a friend of mine is waiting for me by the green. Didn't have the heart to tell him I wanted to carry on playing on my own. Naturally dropped a few shots in those last seven holes. Made him buy me a drink to make up for it!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought that was glaringly blatant with the sentence before the one you bolded, and amplified with the words used in the sentence you bolded.
Well it's pretty simple really and it really can work - but only in Winter (or small fields), effectively adding up to 9 tee times to the reduced number of Winter times available, or shrinking the timespan of fields with 18 or fewer groups (to that of 9-ish). The pace is no slower than normal. It just gets up to 9 (most clubs don't usually push it to the limit though) extra groups on from first light, so course usage is optimised. It actually is 'most beneficial' on courses where the standard round time is long. On 'quick' courses, the benefits are not so great - or might even be non-existent/detrimental!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Rip the driver in social/daft knocks alone

comp off the whites = SLICE TIME

This.

On my own I'm not trying to outdrive anybody so I focus on getting my tempo right and generally drive it pretty well.

Unfortunately my regular PPs all absolutely tonk it so I start chasing them and it all goes to pot ?.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
This.

On my own I'm not trying to outdrive anybody so I focus on getting my tempo right and generally drive it pretty well.

Unfortunately my regular PPs all absolutely tonk it so I start chasing them and it all goes to pot ?.

Aye i'm hoping it was just down to being off the whites for the first time and knowing there'd be no run on the fairways it sorted itself out by the 8th hole.

You wouldn't want me in the trenches like only takes one bad drive and that's it wheels are off until i have a wide open fairway :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 23270

Over 4 1/2 hours in a medal and a group containing the usual slow play suspect losing over two holes and the course stacking up. Because he was going well and looking for a pick up from the swindle more than winning the event (he played with the guy that won and so knew that wasn't on the cards) it was sod everyone else. Formal letter of complaint has been filed but the manager, captain and committee haven't the balls to do anything so it'll get swept under the carpet and he'll continue to lose holes every time there is a competition.
Get the boys together and drag him round the back of the clubhouse for a straightener ;)