Golf Random Irritations

Mandofred

Visit site
Thought I had things straightened out before I played today. 58 swing changes later.....with 5 holes left......maybe, semi, kind of fixed. This is the worst part of golf for me......thinking I've got it cracked......then the Gods dump poop on me.

First round at my new course in the morning......I think with the vice capt. Not a good time for poop to be happening:mad::mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thought I had things straightened out before I played today. 58 swing changes later.....with 5 holes left......maybe, semi, kind of fixed. This is the worst part of golf for me......thinking I've got it cracked......then the Gods dump poop on me.

First round at my new course in the morning......I think with the vice capt. Not a good time for poop to be happening:mad::mad:

You never have it cracked. What's the worse that can happen tomorrow apart from play badly? Be good company and I doubt he'll give it a second thought. Maybe hit a few balls to warm up? What were the bad shots today.

Mandofred

Visit site
You never have it cracked. What's the worse that can happen tomorrow apart from play badly? Be good company and I doubt he'll give it a second thought. Maybe hit a few balls to warm up? What were the bad shots today.
Fat. When in doubt, I go back to a bit of a Stack and Tilt to fix it. Just trying too hard.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two for today.

Delusional golfers who hold up the course waiting for greens and fairways to clear 250yds plus ahead when they have never hit it more than 180 all day ?

The strap on my Garmin S1 snapped today. It has served me well, it does all that I need but the watch is infamous for the strap being unrepairable. I can hook it on my bag but I like it as a watch ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Another weekend not being able to swing a club due to my dodgy shoulder

Me too ! 4 weeks without playing but I hope to do some chipping and putting next week, and I'm planning to walk 18 holes tomorrow with my golfing mates, so that's 60 + holes I will have walked post op

oleinone

Visit site
Two for today.

Delusional golfers who hold up the course waiting for greens and fairways to clear 250yds plus ahead when they have never hit it more than 180 all day ?

The strap on my Garmin S1 snapped today. It has served me well, it does all that I need but the watch is infamous for the strap being unrepairable. I can hook it on my bag but I like it as a watch ?
Same S1 strap snappage. Got a S40 and gave the S1 to the pro for a deserving youngster.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Unless you have abnormally thick wrists, the strap has plenty of excess length.
You can overlap the strap at the break and repair it by binding it with thread. I did this twice with my S1, only had to finally replace it once the strap broke in a third place.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless you have abnormally thick wrists, the strap has plenty of excess length.
You can overlap the strap at the break and repair it by binding it with thread. I did this twice with my S1, only had to finally replace it once the strap broke in a third place.
I have the wrists of a small child so there is plenty to work with ?. I guess the trick is to manage it and the overlapping not rub. Thanks, I'll give this a go ?

D

Deleted member 23344

The lithium battery in my 2017 Motocaddy S1 died after one hole this week and I pushed it for nine holes. I couldn’t find one online … I bought one from Online Golf but they refunded the next day as they didn’t actually have one … so I rang Motocaddy. Won’t be any in stock anywhere until mid-May at the earliest! ?. As the trolley is five years old, I bit the bullet and bought a new 2022 S1. Trolley is fine except (a) my motocaddy winter wheels don‘t fit as they have changed the axle design (b) my motocaddy bottle holder and umbrella holder don’t fit as the fitted accessory station is a different design and (c) the new trolley doesn’t fit on my motocaddy wall rack. Everything is different … can’t imagine it is anything other than a ruse to make you buy them all again, which I won’t be doing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Aside from the farcical putting, players hitting into a wind which meant the best players in the club were hitting 220-230 max and so the average Joe standign there from 200 plus yards out expecting to hit a green. All for etiquette, but be realistic about your ability

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve been waiting for a Motocaddy accessory station since July last year. It’s been ordered, and last time I chased they said it was expected early December (last year).

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
So not in your best 8 of 20 then?

No. In old money I'd have expected css to be at least 1, maybe 2 over par, so effectively turning my 36 into 37/38. I came 6th overall as i was top of the few players on 36 points. Lots of scores in the 20's and no CAT 1 players were in the top 20 either.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No. In old money I'd have expected css to be at least 1, maybe 2 over par, so effectively turning my 36 into 37/38. I came 6th overall as i was top of the few players on 36 points. Lots of scores in the 20's and no CAT 1 players were in the top 20 either.
Stop living in the past! (though LITP is one of my favourite Tull tracks) WHS is the new way! Well not actually new now, but some folk still hanker back to the old system - when convenient.
Well done playing well in trying conditions though, even if you get little credit for it. Given that it's a comp, so prob almost all of the day's scores, an adjustment, of 1, wouldn't seem unexpected though.

Last edited: