Golf Random Irritations

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played at Yelverton yesterday on the edge of Dartmoor - excellent course. Big fire had started on the moor and acrid smoke started blowing across the course. Had to miss three holes. That was definitely a new reason for not completing a round.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out yesterday evening I decided to give using a red tee for 4 hybrid, 5i and even 6i tee shots. I’ve been struggling with my strike with these clubs And it worked well.

But I had the feeling it was ‘wrong’. But why do I feel that. It irritated me that I felt so. If it works then what’s the issue. Surely if a slightly raised ball has a better chance of being struck out of the club sweet spot then what’s the deal about being ‘expected’ to tee right down or use no tee for such clubs.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Out yesterday evening I decided to give using a red tee for 4 hybrid, 5i and even 6i tee shots. I’ve been struggling with my strike with these clubs And it worked well.

But I had the feeling it was ‘wrong’. But why do I feel that. It irritated me that I felt so. If it works then what’s the issue. Surely if a slightly raised ball has a better chance of being struck out of the club sweet spot then what’s the deal about being ‘expected’ to tee right down or use no tee for such clubs.
Don't think so much! If it works, don't knock it!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just had an email from Howdidido telling me my score of gross 74 has cut my handicap to 6.1....a score that was put in last Thursday ?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

I remember Liam from golf mates saying he was shocked at how high the tour pros were teeing their iron shots up on layups and par 3's when he caddied for Dan Gavins

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

i have been teeing the ball up higher for my irons and 3 wood for a while now - mainly because the tees at the driving range were of a similar height and it seemed to work ok

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

i have been teeing the ball up higher for my irons and 3 wood for a while now - mainly because the tees at the driving range were of a similar height and it seemed to work ok
I use the short non-barrel tees for everything other than driver, and I vary the height depending on how I'm feeling, or how I'm striking it that day, or whether I want to hit that particular shot with more height or not. I don't think there are any rules saying you need to tee it low - as long as you're not skying by teeing it too high, then crack on.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Yelverton yesterday on the edge of Dartmoor - excellent course. Big fire had started on the moor and acrid smoke started blowing across the course. Had to miss three holes. That was definitely a new reason for not completing a round.
Some great holes there. The one time that I played there the fairways were full of almost every type of animal? known to man. ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ordering some of the Vice Golf Stan Smiths shoes directly from Vice when they went live at 4pm, only to find them for 25 quid cheaper on Function 18 minutes after.

The "revocation" of the sale for Vice looks a right ballache.