Golf Monthly's appalling behaviour on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With regards to the initial posts pointing out the inaccuracy of the video I wouldn't call them 'trolling' like the GM representative did. It wasn't a shank so why not say so. The kid was a bit demanding to be fair but the GM chap comes across as a cocky nob. On there and the two posts here.

More popcorn? :D

D

Deleted member 1740

One positive to come from this is a certain mod doesn't have to "hide behind Mike Harris and protect GM's brand/image" closing threads etc based on Mike's "if you don't like it don't subscribe attitude "

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the responses on that FB post are awful, particularly this one:

"Yeah Well That's Just Like Your Opinion Man"

Who is running the GM Facebook? That's written like a 13 year old on Twitter. What is it with companies nowadays trying to get involved in "banter" on social media? So cringeworthy.

That post is a quote from the dude in "The Big Lebowski" movie.
Quite funny for those that got the reference.

The rest of the Facebook thread is pretty sorry reading tbf, from all concerned.

CharlieWebb

Club Champion
Visit site
If nothing else, this incident shows GM's true colours and the fact they are a poorly managed magazine which of all the magazines which will enevitably die out will be the first.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If nothing else, this incident shows GM's true colours and the fact they are a poorly managed magazine which of all the magazines which will enevitably die out will be the first.

If you are so hacked off with GM I'm surprised you are still posting on it's forum. Plenty of others out there for you to choose from. Why not check out the Scottish breakaway one? I think their post count is in double figures every month :thup:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think you're propably just going to stoke their ire in the matter, so I would be inclined to either let it go, or try a little less antagonism.
I am suprised though that almost 24 hrs since this thread was first started that no one at GM has looked at the bigger picture or taken stock of what's been said and thought " perhaps we got it wrong" and offered an apology. Irrespective of the words used against them or written they have to be the bigger and obviously corporate person and admit to a mistake being made. At least then this can be put to bed.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Come on. It was funny! Look at your posts "Fire him, hire me". Is that a stern request to make a person lose their job so you can have it? What about their kids and the mortgage? Or is it just something that a kids put on FB? "Stop ignoring my comments. I want attention." Says it all really.

I thought the line from The Big Lebowski was brilliant and if you've watched the film you'd get it.

It's humour (or bantz / banter / whatever it is you crazy kids call it nowadays).

And everyone knows that blackcurrant and liquorice are the daddies.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm amazed someone of your tender years know so much about the publishing industry and how it works. How aren't you already in editorial role at a large multi-national I'll never know:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

Just took the time to read the FBook thread you posted, you tried humour and GM tried it back, you tried smart arse remarks and 1 or 2 people joined you, you baited GM and then threatened them and called Jake a sad middle aged bloke, and to all this you are now on here trying to embarass them.

Even though you're 15 and they could of backed out, i also agree with them protecting their corner, if you're going to throw insults out, don't expect them to sit back and take it.

Early on in the thread on Facebook GM stated it was a fun video and they ignored your posts to the point you posted "Stop ignoring my comments. I want attention" I read this as you wanting some of the flack the other trolls were getting.

Nobody wins in this instance.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Come on. It was funny! Look at your posts "Fire him, hire me". Is that a stern request to make a person lose their job so you can have it? What about their kids and the mortgage? Or is it just something that a kids put on FB? "Stop ignoring my comments. I want attention." Says it all really.

I thought the line from The Big Lebowski was brilliant and if you've watched the film you'd get it.

It's humour (or bantz / banter / whatever it is you crazy kids call it nowadays).

And everyone knows that blackcurrant and liquorice are the daddies.

Liquorice!!!! It takes a lot to end up on my ignore list but I think you've just managed it sir. Liquorice is the work of the devil. Weirdo.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
With regards to the initial posts pointing out the inaccuracy of the video I wouldn't call them 'trolling' like the GM representative did. It wasn't a shank so why not say so. The kid was a bit demanding to be fair but the GM chap comes across as a cocky nob. On there and the two posts here.

Well that's one less competitor to worry about regarding the TM day at Wentworth....;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Care to summarise as I can't be bothered myself?

It goes like this.

Video claiming to be a shank in slo-mo is posted, people then study said video and say video is niether ashank or slo-mo and GM should be ashamed putting such misinformation out.

Some people replied to by GM, GM state fun video

Others join in,

GM and some trade insults.

Some others join in.

GM posts video's

Kid throws teddy in the corner and threatens legal action.

D

Deleted member 17920

Seriously pmsl.

So you don't get your own way and you don't get to hear what you want to hear then GM will inevitably die out because its your opinion that they are poorly managed!. I would rather buy from a magazine that doesn't do corporate speak and tells it like it is, its ran by golfers for golfers and I wouldn't want to see that changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.