Choose Your Tee Markers?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All holes are rated individually from each tee, so producing composite ratings is quite straightforward. However, allowing free rein for club, or players, to pick and choose on each hole day-to-day would be absolute chaos.
No you would do it by using the same tee markers .. so put all the reds at the furthest distance for the lady’s medal and watch the carnage 🤣

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am no longer on the committee so have no way of pushing for it, it was hard to get the reds rated for men. Our rating was done only about 2 years before the WHS so it is probably a long time before we get re-rated and about the only other reason for it is because we are relocating quite a few bunkers but that is a multi year project.
Yeovil Old is due to be rated in 2029

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never understood members tees, seems a bit pretentious to me. Do these players have also have separate bar areas, locker rooms or car park ( seen this before) for members and visitors? Also, what tees do members guests play from?
I thought if you paid a green fee you were a temporary member for the day / round?

D-S

Visit site
I thought if you paid a green fee you were a temporary member for the day / round?
Not at some places:-
no you can’t play off those tees, they’re for members
no you can’t park there, members only,
no your changing room is over there, the small one.
no, that’s the members bar, you’ve got to sit over there.

Sad but true in some cases.