Golf England members website now live!

D

Deleted member 16999

8.4 rather than 8.7, pleased but obviously understand it may change between now and official launch.:)

Swango1980

Visit site
I thought the whole point of the new system was that it was the same everywhere?
It was. There are bigger differences worldwide. All that I can say is that, it is not the same everywhere, but it is compatible everywhere you go. You just may need to remember some of the nuances if you are playing in different countries.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now I’m confused because that it’s saying the course handicap is worked out also using the par and course rating ? Not just the HI and Slope

The course rating is like the current SSS
If the course rating is different the PAR the number of strokes you get will change accordingly.

I assume that is why all courses get a chart that is individual.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then you hit them with, of course you only get 95% of that when you play in a singles comp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
o_Oo_Oo_O.

So I was cut by 2 shots but then got them back due to course slope but then will lose one again in a comp. Yup, definitely o_Oo_O.

I'd ask why they brought in the 95% idea, I really haven't kept too close an eye on all this, but I suspect that is a thread on it's own.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

The course rating is like the current SSS
If the course rating is different the PAR the number of strokes you get will change accordingly.

I assume that is why all courses get a chart that is individual.

Understand what the course rating is but it doesn’t affect your course handicap or playing handicap in England -

D

Deleted member 23344

Just got my indicative WHS handicap ... 27.5 up from 25.0. Given that my course slope is 121 off the yellows, I guess it will be around 29 when playing at home. Given that I got 38 points playing off 25 last time out, I might be a bandit for a while! ??

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Understand what the course rating is but it doesn’t affect your course handicap or playing handicap in England -
Why not?
Our yellow tees have a course rating of 71 and the whites have a rating of 73.3, both are par 74 and slopes are almost he same. You shouldn’t get the same playing handicap for both tees

D

Deleted member 15344

Why not?
Our yellow tees have a course rating of 71 and the whites have a rating of 73.3, both are par 74 and slopes are almost he same. You shouldn’t get the same playing handicap for both tees

No idea why not but it’s not happening in the UK - but is in the US

D

Deleted member 25172

Mine is 5.1 (don't know if CSS has been used or not?), but that doesn't take into account my 3 over par gross, 73 I shot on Sunday. My CONGU handicap went from 6.1 to 5.3 with that round, so will be interesting to see what it does to the WHS one.