Golf England members website now live!

Swango1980

Visit site
Just checked mine. Indicative index shown as 8.7, but I calculated mine as 8.2 based on 8 scores with an average gross differential of 10.25 vs CSS (same as course rating for all 8), and a slope of 142 (all played off same tees at home club). 10.25 x 113/142 = 8.15.

Unfortunately the club appears not to have sent email addresses which I need to see scores behind the EG calculation.
On 2nd November, you may find your 8.2 is closer to what your initial index will be, once WHS finally take into consideration the CSS

charlieevans93

Visit site
Hoping some of you will be able to help! With my calculations, I was estimating my handicap to be around 4.25, which is the average over CSS I have shot in my best 8 of the last 20 rounds.

This was through a mix of supplementary cards and competition cards. However, I've just gone on to the site and it says my indicative index will be 6.9. Gutted as worked so hard to get to my current handicap of 5.1.

I thought it might be something to do with supplementary cards, but even taking these out and using the best 8 competition rounds, my estimation would be about 5 on the dot.
Club haven't uploaded email yet so cant see the detail, but could anyone help explain?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hoping some of you will be able to help! With my calculations, I was estimating my handicap to be around 4.25, which is the average over CSS I have shot in my best 8 of the last 20 rounds.

This was through a mix of supplementary cards and competition cards. However, I've just gone on to the site and it says my indicative index will be 6.9. Gutted as worked so hard to get to my current handicap of 5.1.

I thought it might be something to do with supplementary cards, but even taking these out and using the best 8 competition rounds, my estimation would be about 5 on the dot.
Club haven't uploaded email yet so cant see the detail, but could anyone help explain?

When did the cards go in? Swango has mentioned theres no scores on the system prior to the first week in October? Could a few be missing? - Also, so far they've not taken CSS into account!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Current handicap is 16.0 and my new index is 14.5. I was expecting 14 or 15 so it's bang on.
My only problem now that I look at my scores are that two of my best 8 are the 19th and 20th scores on the list. So if I don't score well soon I'm buggered. :cautious: Already hate this system!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just gone up from 15.5 to 19.1 according to the website :eek:. That is indicative of the last two years of very painful golf, but still feels a bit :poop:. Still according to the course rating and slope table chart, I get to play my course off 20 now :D

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Everyone's look to be going down vs Congu.

Mine, and everyone I know at my club, are going up by quite a bit. I cant work it out to match what they have given me on the WHS side at all.

Anyone fancy a guess at what I've been given?

Best 8 of 20 are: 82, 87, 85, 84, 87, 86, 87, 83. CSS is 70, and has gone down by 1 twice, and up by 2 once (so level over the 8)

Course rating 70.4 and slope 127 off whites (all rounds off whites)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Mine, and everyone I know at my club, are going up by quite a bit. I cant work it out to match what they have given me on the WHS side at all.

Best 8 of 20 are: 82, 87, 85, 84, 87, 86, 87, 83. CSS is 70, and has gone down by 1 twice, and up by 2 once (so level over the 8)

14? Bit of a guess, I don't really know the full calculations.

D

Deleted member 15344

Quick question - playing handicap

It’s worked out from handicap allowance and course handicap

I guess you use the course handicap from the chart on the tee which is a whole number or do you use the manual calculation which won’t

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Punting at 15.1!

D

Deleted member 1147

Quick question - playing handicap

It’s worked out from handicap allowance and course handicap

I guess you use the course handicap from the chart on the tee which is a whole number or do you use the manual calculation which won’t
Round figure from the table I believe

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got my indicative new H'cap but cant access score as they claim not to have my email address - despite emailing me members newsletter on a regular basis

Complete cluster!