Golf England members website now live!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aaah, when I log in it says no email address is linked to my account, it's just showing my regular handicap.

Very curious.

A couple of my members have contacted me to say the same thing. My question is how did EG send them an email if they didn't have an email address?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
And the number they were given was the indicative Handicap Index, not their current CONGU handicap or the one that pertained on 4 October.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very curious.

A couple of my members have contacted me to say the same thing. My question is how did EG send them an email if they didn't have an email address?

I didn't get an email I just tried to log in like normal. It did come up with my name and say I was 12.5 although my regular handicap is 12.6. Maybe 12.5 is my new handicap index, weird like as I've only played to a 12 handicap about 4 times over the last 3 years ??

Chinny

Visit site
Can I just ask.... Those of you who have more access than the basic "Indicative" Handicap Index view....... (I'm still waiting)
If you can see your best 8 scores....

1. Has CSS been taken into account when working out each individual Score Differential?
2. How up to date is the England Golf WHS site i.e. What is the date of your most recent qualifying competition?

Cheers

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I've just logged in and nice to see how the website will work. Not sure it's correct, but happy to wait till Nov

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My handicap index is 17.7 on logging on to the site. Does this mean I play off of 21 on my home course with a slope of 131 (ie 17.7 x 131/113)? Or is that too simplistic? I am on 19.3 on the current system.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Playing handicap at my home club is now 23. Was 19.

Im happy with that - I'm a new golfer and I dont go low often at all.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I didn't get an email I just tried to log in like normal. It did come up with my name and say I was 12.5 although my regular handicap is 12.6. Maybe 12.5 is my new handicap index, weird like as I've only played to a 12 handicap about 4 times over the last 3 years ??

what happens when you put your new handicap and the slope rating for your home course in here?

https://www.randa.org/en/worldhandicapsystem

my new handicap is listed as 23.3 on EG, but when I put my home course in, it tells me I should be playing off 28.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Very curious.

Ive had no email - just went on EG website and put in my CDH number.

I too dont have an email linked so cant create a login, just see my indicative WHS index!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I just ask.... Those of you who have more access than the basic "Indicative" Handicap Index view....... (I'm still waiting)

1. Has CSS been taken into account when working out each individual Score Differential?
2. How up to date is the England Golf WHS site i.e. What is the date of your most recent qualifying competition?

Cheers

According to the email you are able to see your best 8 from 20 and only comps up to 4th October have been used.

Swango1980

Visit site

Cheers
1. CSS has not been taken into account, but they are still working on that so that it will be by the date of launch
2. last scores were 3rd or 5th October. Nothing has been entered since, but they will be added back in the day before launch

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
what happens when you put your new handicap and the slope rating for your home course in here?

my new handicap is listed as 23.3 on EG, but when I put my home course in, it tells me I should be playing off 28.

I'm off 14 from both the yellows and whites if 12.5 is correct. I remember looking at the chart our club put up the other month and I'd worked out I'd gain a couple of shots at my course if I stayed on the same handicap.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think that is adjusting for the difficulty of your course. I am similar. New h/c is 18 but add course slope and I am off 20, where I started.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When you do your calculation...HI x slope/113...do you round this number to a whole before taking allowances like 95%..?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just checked mine. Indicative index shown as 8.7, but I calculated mine as 8.2 based on 8 scores with an average gross differential of 10.25 vs CSS (same as course rating and par for all 8), and a slope of 142 (all played off same tees at home club), all scores taken from the handicap record on the club website. 10.25 x 113/142 = 8.15.

Unfortunately the club appears not to have sent email addresses which I need to see scores behind the EG calculation.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Now I’m confused because that it’s saying the course handicap is worked out also using the par and course rating ? Not just the HI and Slope
That is correct in other parts of the world for WHS. Not in the UK though. The UK decided not to include the difference between course rating and par in the course handicap calculation

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seems a number of posters are trying to compare their new Index with their old CONGU handicap. This makes no sense.
A better but not definitive comparison is to compare CONGU with your WHS Course Handicap from the tees that you normally play qualifiers.
Multiply your Index by the (Slope/113)

Indeed. The course handicap element is baked into the CONGU handicap. Separating it is one of the main points of WHS, to distill out a comparable base and then a set of adjustments to be applied according to course played.