Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How can the shop be still in business when the owner is as bad as he is? If the service is bobbins no matter how cheap I would shop somewhere else

It depends. He's hardly going to be on the Christmas card list is he so providing he's not an out and out tool and just plain talking then take advantage of the deals and save some cash.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went last week and if the wife wasn't with me I could have spent easily a good hour looking through the clubs properly and seeing what I could find. The thing that I kind of liked about it was that it was totally different to AG or Direct Golf where nobody came over the try sell you something, you were left alone. The main disadvantage was being unable to test the clubs out, if I could have tried a few hybrids I would have bought one if it felt right.

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I do know friends who will not go there out of principle because he is a idiot. I just don't talk to him unless i really have too.

jak kez 187

Head Pro
Visit site
Loads more stock in store,the place is huge and if you looking to buy anything, well worth a visit,

Well you weren't wrong, went on Friday never seen so much golf gear in all my life. Could have quite easily spent a small fortune, even though the prices were very good. Ended up with a Ping G25 4 wood, but got very tempted by the SLDR drivers they had for £150.

Staff seemed fine when I went, pretty helpful and not rude. Recommend anyone to go if you are near the area at any time, and i challenge you not to walk out without something!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I was also in on Friday, cracking deal near the door for a powacaddy twinline 4 for £100

Lots of good deals on shoes

Last time I looked on their web site they were knocking out Ecco Biom Hybrids at £99. I appreciate that is not an inconsiderable sum of money and they are not the latest model, but they at that price they are great value and how much can a shoe change in one year? If I didn't already have a pair I'd get some more!

Steve Coll

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last time I looked on their web site they were knocking out Ecco Biom Hybrids at £99. I appreciate that is not an inconsiderable sum of money and they are not the latest model, but they at that price they are great value and how much can a shoe change in one year? If I didn't already have a pair I'd get some more!

I went on Boxing Day and got a pair of ecco street for £50.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

They have them in a few sizes and colours. Almost pulled the trigger on a few pairs of shoes during my visit actually but in the end common sense prevailed and i bought nowt

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Folks, can a few people confirm that they are still legit. Just about to drop a good few quid on a couple of purchases. Just don't like the fact they don't have a telephone number and an AOL email address.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Ordered balls from them plenty of times with no issues. Never visited the shop to experience the customer service from that perspective.

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Just thought I would day that I ordered some TM preferred x balls from these guys and the balls arrived very quickly. The only fault was that communication was a little lacking

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just thought I would day that I ordered some TM preferred x balls from these guys and the balls arrived very quickly. The only fault was that communication was a little lacking

Ditto from Tashyboy, although have seen them cheaper since.

caty1144

Visit site
bought a package set of clubs from this place, but later sourced a set i liked more online. So i took the clubs back looking for a refund (they had never been used) Was promptly talked down to by the manager and given an inquisition about where i'd bought the new set of clubs from, including why i thought they were better than the set i'd bough from golf depot ! Extremely rude manger who seems to have forgotten about customer service ! Needless to say I didnt get my money back, as they have a no returns policy ! If in Chester avoid these cowboys at all costs !

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Uj
bought a package set of clubs from this place, but later sourced a set i liked more online. So i took the clubs back looking for a refund (they had never been used) Was promptly talked down to by the manager and given an inquisition about where i'd bought the new set of clubs from, including why i thought they were better than the set i'd bough from golf depot ! Extremely rude manger who seems to have forgotten about customer service ! Needless to say I didnt get my money back, as they have a no returns policy ! If in Chester avoid these cowboys at all costs !

The annoying thing is if you had bought them on line then they would have had to accept your return and issue a refund.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, they sold you the clubs in good faith and you were happy to conclude the transaction and hand over your cash. It's not their fault you found something more to your liking after the purchase.