Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

caty1144

Visit site
it was the attitude of the manager, and the complete lack of customer care that annoyed me, more than their returns policy to be honest

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes that is very poor.

If it was my shop I would have accepted the clubs back and given you a voucher or store credit.

Would have shown you that they were willing to bend their rules and you wouldn't have been left with a set of clubs you don't want.

Short term view by the shop.

Just a pity that you didn't buy on-line

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Uj

The annoying thing is if you had bought them on line then they would have had to accept your return and issue a refund.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, they sold you the clubs in good faith and you were happy to conclude the transaction and hand over your cash. It's not their fault you found something more to your liking after the purchase.

Also shops are inundated with returns that have allegedly never been worn , used, played etc etc. And they know in most cases they have. Not saying this was the case here but you can understand why some shops are sceptical when people return things that are not faulty and were fine when the person bought them.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
bought a package set of clubs from this place, but later sourced a set i liked more online. So i took the clubs back looking for a refund (they had never been used) Was promptly talked down to by the manager and given an inquisition about where i'd bought the new set of clubs from, including why i thought they were better than the set i'd bough from golf depot ! Extremely rude manger who seems to have forgotten about customer service ! Needless to say I didnt get my money back, as they have a no returns policy ! If in Chester avoid these cowboys at all costs !

I can't see why you should get your money back, nor what the shop has done wrong. You bought a set which you later decided you didn't like - TOUGH!

As to them not having a returns policy... I suggest you read section 5 in their Returns Policy - well bless my soul, they do have a Returns Policy.

They do offer a credit note for an unused product, not a refund - its in black and white in their RETURNS POLICY, which you say they have not got! This is over and above your statutory rights and is a good faith offer to try and meet the customer half way.

Sorry, not impressed with your complaint(whinging whine) one little bit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems very sad that post 2 is a massive whinge and to be honest the whole thing seems a bit farcical in terms of you buying something you seemingly wanted to buy and then decide to return because you then find something cheaper later on. Perhaps your own attitude demanding a refund didn't help especially if you used the same tone as you have on here

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just posted afresh thread on Golf Depot - and then saw this. i am out of pocket for a pair of shoes that i posted back and they want me to produce proof of delivery. they were posted Royal mail with the original order in package and this was after i asked how to send back and if they arrange or me - the 5 word answer saying "post to below address" and me not getting recorded delivery seems to give them open season to put the onus of receipt on me. In 46 years i have never had a package not turn up - maybe it didn't but i doubt it very much!

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
If you all want a laugh... check out some of the Google reviews for Chester Golf Depot. In particular, the managers responses to unhappy customers. Absolutely hideous customer service!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would anyone want to buy anything from them? Reading the replies from the owner is shocking and surprised nobody has thumped him yet for the way he has treated customers!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would anyone want to buy anything from them? Reading the replies from the owner is shocking and surprised nobody has thumped him yet for the way he has treated customers!

Because they are dirt cheap on a lot of items... I’ve taken a chance on a few occasions and not been let down yet but I’m aware it could be a matter of time

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd never buy online but the shop is great. Loads of stock and there's always a bargain to be had.

They're currently doing Zstars for £20 a dozen.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For all the **** this shop and guy seems to be getting I can only give my experiences.

I have only ever been the shop not bought online and the owner could not have been better with me. Last time I went in I was looking at the 2017 m2 driver and fairway woods second hand. They were decent prices but none had a shaft/head combo that I wanted. He seen me looking for a while and came to help. Told him my predicament that I had found two heads (looked like they had been hit once at the most but not the shafts I wanted) then he simply asked what shaft I wanted for each.

60 seconds later he pulled them both out of the brand new m2 driver and fairway and said here you go and if they don't work bring them back in and we will change them. I was thrilled and went on my way. The fairway was not working as well as liked so I took it back and and had no issue changing that shaft for another as promised no quibble. I ended up buying another driving iron and and pair of Ecco shoes.

It will always be my first port of call for something in the future.

Im not naive enough to see people have not had problems but it's been completely fine with me.

Last edited:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It is hilarious to read - but as said its so cheap its almost worth getting abused. He's becoming a bit of a legend. I'm sure at times he just doing and saying what many retailers would love to do. Some customers are shocking. That said I'm amazed trading standards and the likes are not looking at his business

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would always take Google reviews with a pinch of salt.

You can reply, but I don't know anyone who has had a bad one removed.

Its very easy to set up email accounts, and leave bad reviews.

From the otherside of the fence my own businesses Google reviews are awful - but we know a fair % have never ever shopped with us, so its people with a n other motive or even competitors.
In contrast our Facebook reviews are very good, as people can't hide behind a fake email address.

Some of the owners responses are great, you wouldn't believe the amount of "customers" who try things on, with returns, prices and make crazy demands or else.
Its a horrible culture.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Notice how people only really kick off if there is an issue to report!??

This is totally true as positive experiences get reported a whole lot less as a percentage. That's life and if it were only for the negative reviews I would have no issue with using this company, but negative reviews are not the only information being shared! The owner's responses has enlightened customers as to what type of business is being run. Take your chances