Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I emailed them yesterday morning asking if they had a jacket in stock as I wanted to buy it but needed it before the weekend and they haven't replied. I'll pay the difference from elsewhere.

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
One of my friends had one of their typical "customer service" experience last weekend. He bought a pair of footjoys from there about a year ago and they are leaking really badly. He originally contacted FJ who advised him to take his proof of purchase with the shoes back to the merchant he bought them from who should give him a new pair and the merchant would claim a pair back off FJ.

Ha ha as if! He basically got told to "get the Mod Edit out the shop" when he tried to take the shoes back

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
One of my friends had one of their typical "customer service" experience last weekend. He bought a pair of footjoys from there about a year ago and they are leaking really badly. He originally contacted FJ who advised him to take his proof of purchase with the shoes back to the merchant he bought them from who should give him a new pair and the merchant would claim a pair back off FJ.

Ha ha as if! He basically got told to "get the Mod Edit out the shop" when he tried to take the shoes back

How long was the guarantee on the shoes?

Last edited by a moderator:

r11john

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening all. I ordered a putter from theses guys last Wednesday on the hope of it arriving by the weekend. I sent a polite email asking for a tracking number once dispatched as parcel farce struggle to deliver to my flat as they can't get in. I emailed both addresses on there website since Friday and I have not had a single response. I made calls during there advertised opening hours on saturday, Sunday, Monday and today. The phone has not been picked up once.

I decided to ring parcel farce when I got home from work and low and behold they have a parcel for me! Fantastic or so I thought. As soon as I left the house to collect it I had this voice in my head saying " I bet they have sent the wrong one and it's going to be nightmare trying to get a return"

So home I go and yes they have sent the wrong putter. I am absolutely fuming and concerned that I am not going to get my money back or be able to return it.

I appreciate everyone makes mistakes just hope mine wasn't using golf depot.
no probs with this place. If any one puts an order I will happily travel to purchase the item.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so the shoe warranty was for 2 years but this post is older than that!!!!!! look at dates on post and who drags up a post from 2012 !!!!!!!

Last edited:

effayjay

Club Champion
Visit site
Have taken back two jackets (different reasons) and a pair of Ashworth shoes that leaked in the last twelve months. All three items changed without a problem:thup:

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive been in a couple of times and they are rammed with gear - I think you've got to remember if you want the lowest price you aren't going to get the best service, that said getting sent the wrong gear sucks. Id only use them if I could go in physically!

G

guest100718

ordered 7 doz callway balls from them yesterday. Tracking number received and so far so good.

Moxmeister

Visit site
Re: Golf Depot Chester

Just to begin to even up the "bad vibes" about this place. I was very wary about ordering 2 pairs of Footjoys only last Thursday after all the comments above, however, exactly the right order was received on Monday (courier even took notice of my note on the door and delivered it to a neighbour whilst I was out). Experience on this purchase was great! price brilliant! Would go back again

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience of visiting the store? I'm in Chester at the end of the month and may part with some well earned birthday cash and wondered if the store is better than the online shop?

D

Deleted member 1740

Has anyone had any experience of visiting the store? I'm in Chester at the end of the month and may part with some well earned birthday cash and wondered if the store is better than the online shop?

Its actually a decent store, its like an aladdins cave full of gear and at least you can check before you buy.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It's got tonnes of stock but don't expect the bells and whistles of AG, it's a warehouse with racking and shelves and a mezzanine floor, up stairs has a superb selection of bags, shoes, putters and second hand sets of irons

jak kez 187

Head Pro
Visit site
Will be in the area the weekend and thinking of popping in.
Do they have a launch monitor at all? Thinking of getting some new wedges and would like a hit before I bought anything.

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No they don't have launch monitor. They will always price match or beat it by a bit but be warned if going to the shop. The owner is a bit obnoxious and bluntly rude most of the time. I shop there all the time, just brought some new spikeless shoe from there but I can't stand the bloke but when it's that cheap you can't argue.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How can the shop be still in business when the owner is as bad as he is? If the service is bobbins no matter how cheap I would shop somewhere else

D

Deleted member 15344

How can the shop be still in business when the owner is as bad as he is? If the service is bobbins no matter how cheap I would shop somewhere else

Because most will ignore the poor customer services for cheap goods