Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
Another thing to watch out for in this shop is the " add on sale" of club head covers to the original cost of the golf club . ie say a Callaway driver is costing £99.99 in the shop and on web site he will try and make you pay extra for the head cover. The owner of the shop is notorious for this and i have even seen his friends or other staff members laughing by his side when a customer asks for a club and he says " will you be wanting a head cover with that club" ???

Your best bet is to find the offer they have on the Golf Depot website that will usually state that a head cover is included in the deal,print it off and take it in the shop. If you do this the staff have to back down and accept its covered in the cost of the club.

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
This shop is relatively local to my club.
It is a standing joke how bad the service is from the owner - he is reknowned for being aggressive.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not the only shop that tries to charge or a headcover. Direct Golf in Peterborough tried that on me. Not been back since, not even for a pack of tees. Especially odd as DG Cambridge do not charge.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi , I have a full time job and i also have a small business , times are hard , I can`t for the life of me understand why people buy from these people on the internet , local pro is a small business so give them a chance to match the price and its a face to face thing and you buying something you have seen and in many cases tried or tested the demo and if not happy you give it back , you wont get all these problems this way , the sites with these problems are all in trouble so they get your money 1st and you then HOPE you get what you ordered, they tell you anything to get your business , not all of them but its on the increase this poor service due to the recession , help the small and local business otherwise there will be none

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi , I have a full time job and i also have a small business , times are hard , I can`t for the life of me understand why people buy from these people on the internet , local pro is a small business so give them a chance to match the price and its a face to face thing and you buying something you have seen and in many cases tried or tested the demo and if not happy you give it back , you wont get all these problems this way , the sites with these problems are all in trouble so they get your money 1st and you then HOPE you get what you ordered, they tell you anything to get your business , not all of them but its on the increase this poor service due to the recession , help the small and local business otherwise there will be none

This mob do this in their shop, not just the internet

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't touch them with a barge pole, absolute bunch of cowboys, place an order that never arrives, contact them and get fobbed off, this is a company that really does not do customer service.

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would never buy from this again. Got a pair of Nike trousers from there, the label had 34/32 (didn't try them on coz I have other Nike trousers in that size) but they were 38/32. Took them back and the owner basically told me to off in front of my 6 year old boy and told me they were worn so no refund!! I asked politely to listen to me and he was so arrogant I could of hit him, I'm not a angry/violent person but he is a guy I could easily windmill if he got I'm my way!!!! He has a lot of tat in there,' buy cheep buy twice'.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd ram the club down his throat if him and his mates where taking the piss... No I really would!!!

Totally agree Daveyboy.You should try Golf Centre in Solihull/Shirley on the Stratford Road. He did a great deal for me last Saturday, and said if I wasn't happy with the club,I could have my old club back or choose anotherI ttok him at his word and have chosen another one at no extra cost and has said the same thing. I've spoken to a few lads, and they all say he's a great bloke. Will be using him from now on. Well worth the 30 min drive.

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
This shop is relatively local to my club.
It is a standing joke how bad the service is from the owner - he is reknowned for being aggressive.

Check out my previous run in with the owner of the shop when i used to go in there (page 1 of this thread)

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
I would never buy from this again. Got a pair of Nike trousers from there, the label had 34/32 (didn't try them on coz I have other Nike trousers in that size) but they were 38/32. Took them back and the owner basically told me to off in front of my 6 year old boy and told me they were worn so no refund!! I asked politely to listen to me and he was so arrogant I could of hit him, I'm not a angry/violent person but he is a guy I could easily windmill if he got I'm my way!!!! He has a lot of tat in there,' buy cheep buy twice'.

I just can’t believe the arrogance of the guy! He really is unbelievable when you see it in person!
I didn’t tell my GF about my past disastrous experiences in there (and that I would never give them another penny) and she went and bought me a RBZ driver from there a few weeks ago for a Xmas surprise (£124.99 – new). Literally the first time I used it the head started rattling on it and was told by a pro that a piece of resin has broken off in the club head and that i need to get it replaced. I am going to have to go straight to Taylormade over the matter because I will end up laying him out cold if I go back in the shop and he starts using his "arrogant charm" and arguing with me over the matter.

Best advice is avoid the place like the plague

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just can’t believe the arrogance of the guy! He really is unbelievable when you see it in person!
I didn’t tell my GF about my past disastrous experiences in there (and that I would never give them another penny) and she went and bought me a RBZ driver from there a few weeks ago for a Xmas surprise (£124.99 – new). Literally the first time I used it the head started rattling on it and was told by a pro that a piece of resin has broken off in the club head and that i need to get it replaced. I am going to have to go straight to Taylormade over the matter because I will end up laying him out cold if I go back in the shop and he starts using his "arrogant charm" and arguing with me over the matter.

Best advice is avoid the place like the plague

Let us know how you get on with a replacement, the only problem you might have is he probably isn't a authorised Taylor made dealer. If he isn't then they won't replace it for you. A friend of mine kracked the face of his Taylor made driver after a month and they wouldn't replace it for that reason!! Good luck, hope you get it sorted. Let us know what happens.

CJTM2013

Visit site
I have been to this store before, thought it was good until I released how desperate they are for you to part with your hard earned. I cannot stand being, quizzed on what you need, just so they can offer you something in return for cash. I know its a business, but you may as well stand outside, throw your cash inside, while they throw a few clubs back at you.

Its a good store, but the staff seem to ruin it some what.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I use this store quite regular,and have never had a problem,prices are very good and they hold ample stock,some of the stock is rubbish,like px clubs (loads of them) but you really need an idea of what you want before going in because you can wander around for ages just looking,prices also vary inside the store,one item may be priced at £99 whilst another item (same product) may be priced at £79,people on this forum who have entered the store will know what I mean,but after reading some of the comments on here I would never buy online from them.

Last edited:

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
Let us know how you get on with a replacement, the only problem you might have is he probably isn't a authorised Taylor made dealer. If he isn't then they won't replace it for you. A friend of mine kracked the face of his Taylor made driver after a month and they wouldn't replace it for that reason!! Good luck, hope you get it sorted. Let us know what happens.

Taylormade aren’t coming out of this whole thing with any credit I have to say. I have been trying to ring them over the past two weeks and can’t get to speak to anyone and have sent an email explaining that I have bought a defective club and they haven’t bothered replying to me.
Another local store has kindly said that they will send the club directly back to Taylormade for me but I’m yet to hear anything back yet.

I’m regretting buying a Taylormade product now (never had a single quality problem with Callaway or Ping).

Think it will be my last

RikB

Visit site
Ordered shoes and polo shirt from GolfDepot, delivery was quick but they managed to send me a slipover and not the polo shirt I ordered. I have e-mailed twice, tried the phone almost every day and even sent a complaint letter by mail with no response to any. If this is the level of customer service you can expect from this company then I would advise shopping elsewhere. I will never use this company again and will also advise anyone that will listen to avoid them too. Customer service means a lot to customers and they will prove this by shopping elsewhere!