Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is a decent enough shop but a horrible online shopping outfit. I use them only when I'm in the area, bought a pair of FJ sports with boa lacing system a few weeks ago for £69 so they are cheap enough. Cheap and good don't always go hand in hand though.

We can do good but not cheap
We can do cheap but not good

Always worth remembering ;)

Rob the dog

Visit site
Hi i purchased shoes from them in March they sent the wrong size, was asked to return and did so, so far no reply, no refund, nothing thinking of going to take a trip there! Never had such bad service DO NOT USE THEM, I feel they are not liagite.

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi i purchased shoes from them in March they sent the wrong size, was asked to return and did so, so far no reply, no refund, nothing thinking of going to take a trip there! Never had such bad service DO NOT USE THEM, I feel they are not liagite.

If your thinking of going there expect a mouthful of abuse off the owner, I has a similar problem and got sent packing!! Went to trading standards in the end. Cowboys!!! Let us know how you get on.

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
I just wouldn't even bother running the risk of buying anything from there! If it doesn't fit the owner will refuse to swap it, if its faulty the owner will refuse to replace it and if you buy online they will send you the wrong item and they NEVER EVER EVER ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!

I have actually been in the shop in the past and heard the owner tell a young lad working in there to "forget answering the phone!"

why risk it when you can go somewhere else to spend your hard earnt

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just thought I would share some of opinions and my more “toxic” experiences of the Chester Golf Depot with you all. Over the past three years I have been a frequent visitor to this shop as they have a decent selection of used clubs. I have never been happy with the way the staff speak to people in fact, in my opinion they have the worst customer service levels I have experienced (in any shop i have visited). My recent experience was about par for the course with the place when the owner of the shop literally snatched about £50.00 worth of gear out my hands (that I was about to pay for at the till) and dragged me by my shoulder out of his shop because I had said “NO” to paying £5 for an empty iron set box I had enquired about. I was man handled out the door, in front of about 7 other customers as he shouted something like “so you think I’m trying to rip you off ??? I’ve got to pay for the boxes and so will you !! “. Made me feel like I had been caught stealing. There was me thinking i was doing the guy a favour trying to buy a used iron box off him.

As I am sure you can imagine I will never be going near the shop again and neither will any of my friends or family.

I would have broke is noise

D

Deleted member 15344

People looking for cheap deals keep these sort of places going

Don't buy from them and maybe they might re think their interactions with customers

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
IF this place was a online takeaway selling food and you had to pay up front , would you order from them , order fried rice and get fried noodle , order pork and get seafood which you cant eat , course you would not so why you guys still doing it ...............buy local from your pro or any other local pro ....................EYG

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is a decent enough shop but a horrible online shopping outfit. I use them only when I'm in the area, bought a pair of FJ sports with boa lacing system a few weeks ago for £69 so they are cheap enough. Cheap and good don't always go hand in hand though.

We can do good but not cheap
We can do cheap but not good

Always worth remembering ;)

If you want best of both worlds get AG to price match therm there customer services are good. I did it last week got them to price match a pair of adidas adizero for 30 pounds after one of the guys put the alert on here. Happy day

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you want best of both worlds get AG to price match therm there customer services are good. I did it last week got them to price match a pair of adidas adizero for 30 pounds after one of the guys put the alert on here. Happy day
Tried this three weeks ago and my local AG refused to price match on a pair of shoes.......

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I live quite local to this store,and have been in many times,and never really had a problem,(personally)

However, I have been in the store and have heard the owner of the store being quite abusive to some customers, but again these customers are asking for a discount on already discounted goods,and although I dont agree with this sort of behavior, I do tend to agree with the owner,if you (as a business) advertise goods as cheap as possible,and then someone comes into your shop/business premises and tries to haggle about prices,I am pretty sure in the end it would do your head in,, and possibly this is the case,don`t know but only IMO,

I have never had any online dealings with the (Golf Depot) and proberly never would,after reading some of the posts on here,So I cannot comment,

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
I phoned the shop up one time to ask if they had a particular type of Scotty putter available and to my absolute amazement a person answered the phone!

Whoever he was advised me to "call back later on because he was stood nowhere near the putters...... if i called back later on he might be upstairs then"

Thats honestly true!

I live quite local to this store,and have been in many times,and never really had a problem,(personally)

However, I have been in the store and have heard the owner of the store being quite abusive to some customers, but again these customers are asking for a discount on already discounted goods,and although I dont agree with this sort of behavior, I do tend to agree with the owner,if you (as a business) advertise goods as cheap as possible,and then someone comes into your shop/business premises and tries to haggle about prices,I am pretty sure in the end it would do your head in,, and possibly this is the case,don`t know but only IMO,

I have never had any online dealings with the (Golf Depot) and proberly never would,after reading some of the posts on here,So I cannot comment,

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I emailed them about a pair of Adidas shoes they had on special, and asked about postage as I was in Edinburgh. Their response was to 'come into the shop'.

I left it at that.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I emailed them about a pair of Adidas shoes they had on special, and asked about postage as I was in Edinburgh. Their response was to 'come into the shop'.

I left it at that.

I am sure I could start up a little business here supplying all you guys,,
If anyone wants anything let me know,

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
bought some TM lethals as they were £5 cheaper than anywhere else. looked as if the 1st transaction hadn't worked so reordered.

wasn't sure about the second transaction as no email confirmation, nothing.

few days later, both orders turned up. was happy enough with the price and to accept both orders, as they were balls that will get used regardless, but wasn't impressed particularly with the online service.

Chris Newbold

Visit site
I can confirm pretty much what has been said here. I ordered a black top from them and they sent me a white one. I called them and they more told me I was being "too pickie"! I posted it back asking for a refund, they said they never received it! That said, I've bought a couple of other bits from them, balls and stuff on offer and they were a good price. Don't expect any 'customer service' or any after sales service and expect a fight if you want to return anything for ANY reason.

HA! Me too - returned a waterproof top which cost me £50+ and after no refund for several weeks I contacted them. Lo and behold, they had never received it back......... I was suspicious before but now this blog confirms what a disreputable company this is.

What's more, I didn't learn my lesson quickly enough. I ordered a golf shirt in the sale and because their postage is £5 I also ordered a pair of socks. The socks arrived but with a note crossing the shirt out. "Sorry, out of stock" . What kind of website has out of stock goods still on there ( and before the IT proficient crowd criticise me, I checked again afterwards and it was STILL on there!). So I paid £8 for a £3 pair of socks. What a terrible company. Avoid if you can.

davidjdavison

Visit site
These guys are a complete shocker!!
i ordered 2 pairs of golf shoes to save on P&P and got one pair delivered. No communication why the other pair weren't delivered. Made contact and they ignored it. Then got a message about how busy they were with a stock clearance and couldn't respond. Finally got an e-mail which only said 'out of stock'. This is even though the shoes are still shown on their website as available.
No telephone number to make contact. Wrote another e-mail requesting refund - ignored. And another - ignored and have just tried again - which I also expect to be ignored.
Probably worst customer experience on-line ever. Use them at your peril!