GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it bothers you that much, don't play. It's not compulsory
Maybe he wants to but can't. Point is it's now a difficult time. Stop trying to vilify everyone that dislikes the new date. There are probably more that can't do the new date than the old date. For me personally it's now about the local forum meet. I'll not be paying the tenner to enter as I have no chance of going to the final day.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it bothers you that much, don't play. It's not compulsory

I know it's not compulsory but i was just pointing out the fact that the date got changed due to a handfull of forum members playing in a comp around that date so it got changed.

Now the people who were ok with the original date can't play on the new date we are expected to put up and shut up with the new date!?

Like i have said before you can't please everyone but why change the original date?

D

Deleted member 16999

Maybe he wants to but can't. Point is it's now a difficult time. Stop trying to vilify everyone that dislikes the new date. There are probably more that can't do the new date than the old date. For me personally it's now about the local forum meet. I'll not be paying the tenner to enter as I have no chance of going to the final day.

Have a "like"

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know it's not compulsory but i was just pointing out the fact that the date got changed due to a handfull of forum members playing in a comp around that date so it got changed.

Now the people who were ok with the original date can't play on the new date we are expected to put up and shut up with the new date!?

Like i have said before you can't please everyone but why change the original date?

Because rightly or wrongly, he thought he was doing something decent. he was giving up large chunks of his own time to organize something that no one else wanted to.. He has every right to make whatever decision he wants.. If you disagree, then feel free to arrange your own major competition on the previous date.. :thup:

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Because rightly or wrongly, he thought he was doing something decent. he was giving up large chunks of his own time to organize something that no one else wanted to.. He has every right to make whatever decision he wants.. If you disagree, then feel free to arrange your own major competition on the previous date.. :thup:

Cracking idea. We already know hillside can do it so why not bozza. Get onto then and arrange a final that most can attend.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just to clarify....

I've no idea If I'm playing in either competition yet.

It was mentioned that we would have to decide between the 2, no moaning, no asking for dates to be changed etc :thup:

I suspect d4s thought he was doing a good deed

Still great advert for anyone thinking bout taking it all on next year, I doff my cap to virtuocity last year and d4s this, I couldn't be bothered with all the grief

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
No one is being vilified. We tried the democratic route, that didn't work. If Gordon hadn't grasped the nettle we'd still be discussing format. If one fella takes control, which it needed, then what they decide goes. If you qualify, and can't make it, I am genuinely sorry. I'm sure the competition would have been all the richer for your attendance. As it is I'm sure those that can go will have a moment, maybe light a candle, to remember the efforts of those that couldn't make it.....is that better??

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking idea. We already know hillside can do it so why not bozza. Get onto then and arrange a final that most can attend.

You arrange it.. Don't be the bullet maker... Pull the trigger..

Oh, and in the interests of full disclosure. I can't make either date, and probably won't be playing the qualifier either...:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Let's reign it in a big shall we - soon the pitchforks will be out

I can see exactky why D4S looked for an alternative date - it was done with the best intentions to try and please everyone.

You had the chance to organise it but didn't step up

I have had my own issues with it all and I'm not sure the late time is suitable but D4S is doing what he thinks is best and won't please everyone

D

Deleted member 16999

Rather than now trying to outwit each other, we should all take a step backwards, if it continues I wouldn't be surprised if it all fell over.
Good luck to all who take part and hopefully the "40" will have a good day.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I can see exactky why D4S looked for an alternative date - it was done with the best intentions to try and please everyone.

I have had my own issues with it all and I'm not sure the late time is suitable but D4S is doing what he thinks is best and won't please everyone
Actually I did step up and was discussing it with d4s by email before he decided to sort it himself. I was a little aggrieved to have been left out of the organising to be honest. You'll see that I'm the one who asked people to put there names forward if they would be willing to arrange a local meet and who would like to help organise the national thing. I thought it would be great to have been part of a great comp like we had last year and I shall be looking to arrange next years.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It was done with the intentions to please the handfull of forum members that might be playing in the 36 hole comp on the same date.

All i'm saying is how many people are actually playng in this comp that clashes with the original date?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was done with the intentions to please the handfull of forum members that might be playing in the 36 hole comp on the same date.

All i'm saying is how many people are actually playng in this comp that clashes with the original date?

No one yet but potentially a minimum of 4 that we know of.

D

Deleted member 1740

The only issue I see with changing the the dates is the actual tee time.

Anybody with more than 2hour each way drive are likely to spew it due to being unable to do it in a day.

Personally it suits me but that's not the point.

D

Deleted member 1740

So the date has been changed due to 4-6 forum members saying it clashes with a comp they have already arranged to play?

Yes and a couple of them are chompers with blouse single figure handicaps:whistle:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
So the date has been changed due to 4-6 forum members saying it clashes with a comp they have already arranged to play?

Again, I don't know if I'm playing either!

The original date and time looked better to me but it isn't my train set so what I want, or don't want, doesn't make any difference.

Stu, if I get enough early season qualifiers in I could easily be double figures..... :whistle:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

No one complained on the clash so don't go there all that was said was it would mean a decision would have to be made by some because some fancied the 36 holer.

Let me ask, what are you doing for it other than moaning about the date?