GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I just think that it should be a forum comp not a d4s comp. people say if you think you could do it better then you should've put your name in there to organise the thing, well I did. But Gordon decided it doesn't take two people to send an email, because that's all that it is of course. So sorry for thinking I may have been able to contribute and help arrange a comp that suits most not fewer.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I just think that it should be a forum comp not a d4s comp. people say if you think you could do it better then you should've put your name in there to organise the thing, well I did. But Gordon decided it doesn't take two people to send an email, because that's all that it is of course. So sorry for thinking I may have been able to contribute and help arrange a comp that suits most not fewer.

I see it as a forum comp. I "see" a silent majority who haven't complained in the slightest about the date change. And I see the rants of a petulant child...

D

Deleted member 15344

Give yourself a good pat on the back - successfully managed to become less popular than me

I will safely say now I wouldn't like to be part of any comp you run

Your childish behaviour about this comp has been nothing short of embaressing - Gordon ( d4s ) has tried his utmost to ensure as many people can play in this - it's so hard to please everyone but he has tried.

To throw your teddies about because d4s decided to take the bull by the horns is extremly immature

Gordon ignore the one person with the major issue and do what you think is best

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If anyone on here wants to take over the running of this event then please feel free :thup:

La lucha, bozza, fairway dodger.....you all have plenty to say on this so why don't one of you step up to the plate and take it on? And for what it's worth La lucha, I gratefully accepted your offer of help but I really don't think it takes two people to send an email to a golf club to make a booking but I guess you see it differently.

I also thought that a 2pm tee time (that's all Hillside could offer, not my choice) would actually work quite well because it gives a lot of people the option to drive there in the morning and save a night in a hotel. It was my intention to do so from Bournemouth and I would have one of the longest distances to get there.

But to cut a long story short, I didn't put my name forward to organise this expecting to get a lot of crap from people so I've decided to bow out. I knew it would be impossible to please everyone but I hoped people would accept that.

If someone else is willing to take this on then let me know, if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I'll contact Hillside and cancel the booking.

Oh so it's now our fault that we said the new date wasn't ideal!?

But the handful of forum members that said the original date wasn't ideal don't get any grief, they get the date changed?

I think it's a bit uncalled for practicly blaming us for you pulling out of organising this event.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh so it's now our fault that we said the new date wasn't ideal!?

But the handful of forum members that said the original date wasn't ideal don't get any grief, they get the date changed?

I think it's a bit uncalled for practicly blaming us for you pulling out of organising this event.

For the third time (you don't seem to acknowledge this).

None of us said it wasn't ideal, none of us asked for the date to be changed. Comprendez!?

Saying "they get the date changed" is, quite frankly, bollocks :thup:

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For the third time (you don't seem to acknowledge this).

None of us said it wasn't ideal, none of us asked for the date to be changed. Comprendez!?

Saying "they get the date changed" is, quite frankly, bollocks :thup:

If no one wanted the date changed surely the right thing to do would be to leave it at the original date and stop arguing?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
If no one wanted the date changed surely the right thing to do would be to leave it at the original date and stop arguing?

I think you'll find you started the arguing :thup:

The date etc is in the hands of the organiser. I couldn't make it last year and didn't spit my dummy out.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Ok time to stop before this gets out of hand
You can never please or accommodate everyone, there will always be folk who cannot make whatever date is chosen.

Further criticism is only going to sour the event, so it stops now please

The date is set, live with it
Further negative comments will see this thread suspended until some of you calm down

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think you'll find you started the arguing :thup:

The date etc is in the hands of the organiser. I couldn't make it last year and didn't spit my dummy out.

If I started it then I also think we should end it. I put my hands up and apologise for saying anything that may have been controversial.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D4S have a sleep on it, but if you stick with your decision, you have done a fine job even getting this thing started.

Hopefully see you at a qualifier, or if not even the finals. I'll buy you a pint.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I questioned why it was moved as i and others thought the new date and later tee time were not ideal and I get accused of making the organiser pull out and called a knob.

I won't comment any further as it will only lead to more arguments so good luck to those who qualify and hope you find someone else to organise it.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a shame, I hope you reconsider D4S. I came close to jacking it in when the William Hunt references started to fly about, but what some people don't realise is that if someone doesn't take a 'like it or lump it' approach then nothing happens.

In doing so, yes, mistakes are made but these can be improved on for the next year. I made plenty of them, but things have already improved under your direction so if willing, pick up those reins and plough on- it will be worth it.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a shame, I hope you reconsider D4S. I came close to jacking it in when the William Hunt references started to fly about, but what some people don't realise is that if someone doesn't take a 'like it or lump it' approach then nothing happens.

In doing so, yes, mistakes are made but these can be improved on for the next year. I made plenty of them, but things have already improved under your direction so if willing, pick up those reins and plough on- it will be worth it.

+1

The people who take these massive meets on are potentially taking on enemies in doing this. Do you think that is a reason that they go on a golf forum? No it isn't. When your getting 20 and more unhelpful, nasty and selfish comments every day how do you think you would react?

The things to maybe learn for next year, I would suggest is:-

1. Have a committee with a chief organiser, so at least all of the flak doesn't fall on one person. I'm sure it can be a lonely job.

2. GM to give him a 200 message option.

I don't mind organising a regional meet, as I am doing with Birchy, but I wouldn't do a national, as I'd be tearing my hair out.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'll take the lead, no problem at all. D4S send me details by pm

Thanks for all your efforts so far

Cheers Val, appreciate you taking this on and be prepared for a lot of flak! I've forwarded on the booking confirmation as requested. Pauldj42 is willing to get involved and will make a good wingman for you.

Not too much more to do at this stage. I've explained to the secretary at Hillside that the regionals don't start until after Xmas so he isn't expecting us to pay a deposit until the entry fees start coming in. I'll drop him a mail explaining that you taking the lead on this now.

Fingers crossed that the talk of a breakaway event doesn't come to anything as as that would potentially ruin the numbers for this event. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything :thup:

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
D4S Val and all the regional organisers,

Just a very short paragraph to pass on my thanks for all the work and time invested to date to make this a success and hope the foundations laid lead to a popular and well attended finale. Ignore the idiots, remember you can't please all the people all of the time and have conviction in the decisions you make. I've a feeling this will turn out to be a great event providing the forum gives it the air to breath

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I manage to qualify, either date will be contentious in my house, as the former date is my wedding anniversary and the new date is my birthday. Will cross that bridge if it becomes an issue. Fist job is to qualify! Well done to those organising.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
If I manage to qualify, either date will be contentious in my house, as the former date is my wedding anniversary and the new date is my birthday. Will cross that bridge if it becomes an issue. Fist job is to qualify! Well done to those organising.
I would have thought the new date would be perfect.:confused: