GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

If anyone on here wants to take over the running of this event then please feel free :thup:

La lucha, bozza, fairway dodger.....you all have plenty to say on this so why don't one of you step up to the plate and take it on? And for what it's worth La lucha, I gratefully accepted your offer of help but I really don't think it takes two people to send an email to a golf club to make a booking but I guess you see it differently.

I also thought that a 2pm tee time (that's all Hillside could offer, not my choice) would actually work quite well because it gives a lot of people the option to drive there in the morning and save a night in a hotel. It was my intention to do so from Bournemouth and I would have one of the longest distances to get there.

But to cut a long story short, I didn't put my name forward to organise this expecting to get a lot of crap from people so I've decided to bow out. I knew it would be impossible to please everyone but I hoped people would accept that.

If someone else is willing to take this on then let me know, if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I'll contact Hillside and cancel the booking.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If anyone on here wants to take over the running of this event then please feel free :thup:

La lucha, bozza, fairway dodger.....you all have plenty to say on this so why don't one of you step up to the plate and take it on? And for what it's worth La lucha, I gratefully accepted your offer of help but I really don't think it takes two people to send an email to a golf club to make a booking but I guess you see it differently.

I also thought that a 2pm tee time (that's all Hillside could offer, not my choice) would actually work quite well because it gives a lot of people the option to drive there in the morning and save a night in a hotel. It was my intention to do so from Bournemouth and I would have one of the longest distances to get there.

But to cut a long story short, I didn't put my name forward to organise this expecting to get a lot of crap from people so I've decided to bow out. I knew it would be impossible to please everyone but I hoped people would accept that.

If someone else is willing to take this on then let me know, if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I'll contact Hillside and cancel the booking.

Gordon that's ridiculous.
You should well be aware you cant please everyone but you should know something like this
is hard work.
Bowing out now lets everyone down not just the people who have mist out
due to change of date.
Being an organiser of anything causes stress and anxiety because people don't really understand
what goes on behind the scenes,but quitting is crazy.
Theres actually quite a lot that appreciate you taking the reigns.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You should well be aware you cant please everyone but you should know something like this
is hard work.
due to change of date.
Being an organiser of anything causes stress and anxiety because people don't really understand

Sorry missed out,doh

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
is hard work.
due to change of date.

:thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tony

Appreciate your support and the work you are putting into organising Burnham but it's getting silly with people talking about organising their own competition. That would really just split the forum and probably not have enough people to make either event work.

Hopefully one of them will take over running this :thup:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony

Appreciate your support and the work you are putting into organising Burnham but it's getting silly with people talking about organising their own competition. That would really just split the forum and probably not have enough people to make either event work.

Hopefully one of them will take over running this :thup:

I don't think it will split the forum everybody knows our event was the original.
Im sure we have already got more entries than last year for the regionals.
Anyway its up to you ive said my piece.
But I think quitting is not the right thing to do not now you have got
things in place.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I gratefully accepted your offer of help but I really don't think it takes two people to send an email to a golf club to make a booking but I guess you see it differently.

I agree however i do think it takes two people to decide on the best route forward instead of deciding On a time and date that doesnt suit most people. Did you ever get round to deciding a name for the comp or did you forget the basics?

Im not going to take it on this year as I feel the start of december is too late to organise the meet however i shall organise next year. I put my hand in the air now and say Ill do my best to get something that resembled the brilliance of last years comp.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I agree however i do think it takes two people to decide on the best route forward instead of deciding On a time and date that doesnt suit most people. Did you ever get round to deciding a name for the comp or did you forget the basics?

Im not going to take it on this year as I feel the start of december is too late to organise the meet however i shall organise next year. I put my hand in the air now and say Ill do my best to get something that resembled the brilliance of last years comp.

Fair enough. Not quite sure why you think 6 months isn't long enough to organise the event when all you have to do is contact Hillside and tell them which date you prefer.

Good luck with next year's event.

Anyone else willing to step forward?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. Not quite sure why you think 6 months isn't long enough to organise the event when all you have to do is contact Hillside and tell them which date you prefer.

Good luck with next year's event.

Anyone else willing to step forward?
If you're definitely out D4S , then I would like to nominate Val to take over, he's presently doing a great job of organising the Scotland south/ west qualifier. Just a thought guys.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

How can you say Gordon chose a date that didn't suit most people.

Im sure next year you will pick a date that suits everyone.:whoo:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't believe all the stick Gordon has taken from a very small minority. I can't play the new date, and I am organizing a Regional event. Whilst it is disappointing personally, the new date was chosen to try and accomodate as many forumers as possible. Gordon is in charge, it is his decision, like it or lump it.

Gordon don't let a tiny minority put you off organizing what will be a great forum day.:thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Can't believe all the stick Gordon has taken from a very small minority. I can't play the new date, and I am organizing a Regional event. Whilst it is disappointing personally, the new date was chosen to try and accomodate as many forumers as possible. Gordon is in charge, it is his decision, like it or lump it.

Gordon don't let a tiny minority put you off organizing what will be a great forum day.:thup:

A huge massive "like!" Especially the lump it bit.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

+1, I'm another who would have (i) preferred the original date and/but (ii) accept it is up to Gordon to run the event as he wishes, so have stayed out of the firestorm.

It'll all come out in the wash Gordon, and most of us are grateful to you for your efforts. So carry on and as happened last year 'Build it and they will come'.

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jeez folks, what's it all about?

I think Theres quite a few reasons why Golfers come on here, some like to get technical and talk about ball flight laws and equipment and maybe a few like myself like to talk rubbish and meet up with fellow Chompers and get a game in now and then

All I'll say is I think we're lucky to have a few selfless folk on here who'll pull this kind if thing together. If it wasn't for the likes of Birchy, Liverbirdie, Rickg, Smiffy, Val, region3. (Sorry if I've missed anyone:D) this place would be much poorer.

Imo if someone makes the effort and you can make the meet then alls good. If you can't then they'll be others. It's just a game of golf. Cut 'em some slack.

Im off to hug a tree then get some sleep as I need to give Birchy a whoopin' tomorrow. Peace love and bananas brothers :cheers:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Well said Rich and great work Gordon for trying to arrange the impossible - moving it away from another popular date quickly before it was st in stone was a god call and a lot more work from you. I cannot believe the small-minded whinging comments from some others on here. I hope you ignore them and carry on as that is what I believe 90% of people would want. I am not sure if I can even play but would love to if dates suit. Well done for stepping up and organising a great event - it doesn't need complicating - you are the bos, you arrange dates and times and most will follow - complainers not wanted!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez folks, what's it all about?

I think Theres quite a few reasons why Golfers come on here, some like to get technical and talk about ball flight laws and equipment and maybe a few like myself like to talk rubbish and meet up with fellow Chompers and get a game in now and then

All I'll say is I think we're lucky to have a few selfless folk on here who'll pull this kind if thing together. If it wasn't for the likes of Birchy, Liverbirdie, Rickg, Smiffy, Val, region3. (Sorry if I've missed anyone:D) this place would be much poorer.

Imo if someone makes the effort and you can make the meet then alls good. If you can't then they'll be others. It's just a game of golf. Cut 'em some slack.

Im off to hug a tree then get some sleep as I need to give Birchy a whoopin' tomorrow. Peace love and bananas brothers :cheers:

I think as long as you dont get on the cider tonight you will be fine mate :D

Agree with the sentiment of the post too. Theres a lot of sulky, childish stuff going on here. If things dont fit with you then just dont go, you cant do them all.

Organisers make decisions that they feel are best so unless you are prepared to do it yourself then pipe down.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't do it Gordon, the only person who objected that has any gravitas is FD. The others are proper knobs:eek:

You should be ashamed mate. Strikes me like you're on some kind of ego trip.

You own Gordon and the rest of the forum an apology