GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The original date falls in half term week and would likely cause problems for a lot of people.

Lots of people prepared to have a go at me for moving the date.......didn't see any of you putting your names forward to help with organising either the final or any of the regionals :rolleyes:

It says more about the moaners than it does you Gordon. I know you as a gentle, sensitive, caring individual who would walk over broken glass to help a Boy Scout wash a car on a cold winter's day...

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bottom line is that a controversial decision has been taken and a few people have highlighted that in a fairly easy-going manner. I don't think it was unfair or even moaning to do that so I don't think it fair to come on and have a go at those people.

Personally I was disappointed that I couldn't make hillside last year and was delighted to see I could this year.... Assuming I came out of the hat for a place of course. My disappointment was understandable, I think, and I registered that while recognising the date has moved so it was tough luck for me.

Now, I hope everyone can respect that and move on. Enjoy the regional meets and the lucky ones will have a cracking day at hillside!

Good on you for organising, D4S, this minor hiccup aside, you're going a grand job. :thup:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I realise you have moved the date (maybe not for the right reasons) but it's now a later tee time than before and also on a Thursday so it meens a lotof people will have to take a extra day off work.

Just seems a little unfair to me to change the date because a couple of people on the forum have a comp on that date.

Maybe put a poll up to see what date everyone prefers?

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just catching up on this and I think it should be put up for a poll as to whether it should be a weekday and hillside or elsewhere. 2pm is an awful time for the first tee time. I think that this date and time will kill the comp to be honest. I appreciate you can't make everyone happy, but you could do a poll and keep most people happy.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Polls don't work mate. That was proved with the dicking about trying to get it off the ground.

2 days off work is what most of us are facing anyway. If I go it's a 5 hr drive. 2pm works

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I realise you have moved the date (maybe not for the right reasons) but it's now a later tee time than before and also on a Thursday so it meens a lotof people will have to take a extra day off work.

Just seems a little unfair to me to change the date because a couple of people on the forum have a comp on that date.

Maybe put a poll up to see what date everyone prefers?

2 days of golf before the weekend :thup:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't work out if most of the moaners are taking the mickey.

Sack them all off Gordie and we'll go to st endoc and saunton :eek:

So some folks air an opinion that the original date clashes with another golfing date that they might be attending then the date gets changed and another group of folks then air an opinion that they aren't going to be able to attend that new date and they get vilified :confused:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just can't understand why there was a date and time put up and few forum members mentioned that they had a comp that date and it gets changed.

But as sooon as the people complain at the new date we should just put up with it and stop complaining.

I realise you can't keep everyone happy but it's now been moved to earlier in a week which meens a lot of people have to take a extra day off.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can I just clarify, No one moaned that it clashed with the mid am comp all that was said was it left a decision to be made for those hoping to attend. D4S did what he thought was a good turn in the hope to accommodate everyone and it looks to have backfired which is a shame.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I just clarify, No one moaned that it clashed with the mid am comp all that was said was it left a decision to be made for those hoping to attend. D4S did what he thought was a good turn in the hope to accommodate everyone and it looks to have backfired which is a shame.

That's the way I read it..

I bet you wish you hadn't bothered now don't you D4S.. Never mind.. Arrange something at Saunton in late August and I'll be there..;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You can never please everyone with dates unfortunately.

It is slightly unusual forum meet though, as only a few are guaranteed a place at Hillside. Everyone else is probably going to rely on the ballot or winning a regional event. Those that couldn't play the previous date, may not even have been playing, and those that are available for the new date may not qualify.:D

I will of course be throwing my toys out of the pram, and cancelling the Southern area meet.:ears::D

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
So some folks air an opinion that the original date clashes with another golfing date that they might be attending then the date gets changed and another group of folks then air an opinion that they aren't going to be able to attend that new date and they get vilified :confused:

The first lot said it clashed, the second lot whined. That's how I read it. :eek:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I understand this but why accomodate a handfull of people and change the original date?

It's now at a date where i bet most people would have to take 2 days off work rather than 1.

Plus you don't tee of till 2pm? so the last group won't tee off till after 3pm, good luck gettig 18 holes in around a championship course before it gets dark.

D

Deleted member 16999

The date was changed for honest reasons, no win situation,
I'll support (and hopefully be there) whatever date it happens,

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand this but why accomodate a handfull of people and change the original date?

It's now at a date where i bet most people would have to take 2 days off work rather than 1.

Plus you don't tee of till 2pm? so the last group won't tee off till after 3pm, good luck gettig 18 holes in around a championship course before it gets dark.

If it bothers you that much, don't play. It's not compulsory