GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just wondering why you have changed it when no one know's whos going to qualify or make the ballot for the additional spaces?

There are a few guys that want to play Woodhall mid am event. Don't know the score with that one but it may be first come served served so they would need to get their entries in early. This new date means there is no clash so solves that problem.

Issue is, I can't find a date that will suit everyone, there are going to be unhappy people whatever day I pick. If I go for a weekend, we won't get a decent course as the good ones won't take a booking. If I go for a dog track, people aren't prepared to travel the length of the country.

I'm doing my best to please as many people as possible :(

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are a few guys that want to play Woodhall mid am event. Don't know the score with that one but it may be first come served served so they would need to get their entries in early. This new date means there is no clash so solves that problem.

Issue is, I can't find a date that will suit everyone, there are going to be unhappy people whatever day I pick. If I go for a weekend, we won't get a decent course as the good ones won't take a booking. If I go for a dog track, people aren't prepared to travel the length of the country.

Appreciate you're doing your best but by moving the date to accommodate a few you've pushed others like me out. The new date clashes with the Scottish Ladies.

Good intentions but daft to move it, IMO, poor show.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Appreciate you're doing your best but by moving the date to accommodate a few you've pushed others like me out. The new date clashes with the Scottish Ladies.

Good intentions but daft to move it, IMO, poor show.

So what do you expect me to do? Check every county and club calendar for all those who have expressed an interest in playing?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what do you expect me to do? Check every county and club calendar for all those who have expressed an interest in playing?

No - you could never choose a date that suited everyone. So, in my opinion, you should have stuck to the original date. Too late now, I'm not asking you to change, I accept that I now can't play. Which is what those who couldn't make the original date should have done.

D

Deleted Member 1156

No - you could never choose a date that suited everyone. So, in my opinion, you should have stuck to the original date. Too late now, I'm not asking you to change, I accept that I now can't play. Which is what those who couldn't make the original date should have done.

I'm sorry the dates don't work for you. As an active and respected member of the forum it would have been good if you could have entered but I have to put my stake in the ground somewhere.

Maybe I can talk you into organising it next year ;)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry the dates don't work for you. As an active and respected member of the forum it would have been good if you could have entered but I have to put my stake in the ground somewhere.

Maybe I can talk you into organising it next year ;)

Them's the breaks, good luck with it. I hope those for whom you moved the date appreciate it.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
D4S is there any chance you could rearrange the date again please as I'm booked in for a back sack and crack on the 20th (day before) and I might still be a bit raw.

Im also a dead cert to win the NW regional so I don't want to miss out.

Cheers :cheers:

Good work btw.

D

Deleted Member 1156

D4S is there any chance you could rearrange the date again please as I'm booked in for a back sack and crack on the 20th (day before) and I might still be a bit raw.

Im also a dead cert to win the NW regional so I don't want to miss out.

Cheers :cheers:

Good work btw.

Postpone it, I'll get my glamorous assistant to do it for you when you walk off the 18th green :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I appreciate you are only doing your best, but why change the date, when its no guarantee that any who wanted the date changed would even qualify?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gutted... 29th falls in half term and can't play week before. Missed last year as well.
Totally understand you predicament... Just gotta take it on the chin...

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bad form IMHO to move the date, ( It actually suits me better if I was to qualify ) .

What ever date was chosen would be good for some but not others, that's life. Moving it smacks of giving out preferential treatment !!

Might it have been better to have offered it up to the forum citing the reasons ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

The original date falls in half term week and would likely cause problems for a lot of people.

Lots of people prepared to have a go at me for moving the date.......didn't see any of you putting your names forward to help with organising either the final or any of the regionals :rolleyes:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, stop moaning. Organise your own event if you've an issue.

Gordon has pretty much got this thing off the ground by himself, cut him some slack.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The original date falls in half term week and would likely cause problems for a lot of people.

Lots of people prepared to have a go at me for moving the date.......didn't see any of you putting your names forward to help with organising either the final or any of the regionals :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work. The first thing you find out, when organising anything like this, is that it is impossible to satisfy everyone.