GM Forum Matchplay Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This is how I'd run it.

what about the point on winter courses, if some of these games have to be played over winter?

Im more than happy to play to medal tee full handicap, but my place for instance SI 1 sometimes is reduced by 140 yards and is almost in driving distance of the front tee, Id me unhappy giving a shot or two there?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
what about the point on winter courses, if some of these games have to be played over winter?

Im more than happy to play to medal tee full handicap, but my place for instance SI 1 sometimes is reduced by 140 yards and is almost in driving distance of the front tee, Id me unhappy giving a shot or two there?

There's just no pleasing you is there, you always want everything to suit yourself! The course on any given day or month will play as per the course conditions so if its short, its short, if its long, its long, its the same for everyone.

I get sick and tired of cat1 or very low handicappers whining, if anything, if its short the lower handicappers should be more accurate IMO, after-all, that's what handicaps are for, there a leveller!

Do you ever write to Nike or Volvo or HDID and moan about a course if its shorter over the winter and ask if your match can be delayed until its longer again to suit you more so you don't feel intimidated by a higher handicapped player, what a knob :angry:

D

Deleted member 15344

Well their not playing as per the official rules then for singles Matchplay.

You are able to maximise the amount of shots given if the club so wishes so we always have a maximum of 18 to ensure no one gets 2 shots a hole - only effects a very small few.

Not bothered either way :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

There's just no pleasing you is there, you always want everything to suit yourself! The course on any given day or month will play as per the course conditions so if its short, its short, if its long, its long, its the same for everyone.

I get sick and tired of cat1 or very low handicappers whining
, if anything, if its short the lower handicappers should be more accurate IMO, after-all, that's what handicaps are for, there a leveller!

Do you ever write to Nike or Volvo or HDID and moan about a course if its shorter over the winter and ask if your match can be delayed until its longer again to suit you more so you don't feel intimidated by a higher handicapped player, what a knob :angry:

Dont lump us all in the same boat - happy to play against anyone with any handicap on any course regardless of length :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Dont lump us all in the same boat - happy to play against anyone with any handicap on any course regardless of length :thup:

:thup:

I don't mean to and I don't, but christ!

I play with Rick, Fundy and many more very good Cat1 and low handicap players on this forum and the common denominator is we all have a good day amongst like minded people and we don't care about the amount of shots any one is getting or if the course is shorter or god forbid the Si1 can now be drivable, which I personally doubt and still get a shot!

No wonder they stuck him up in the highlands!

D

Deleted member 15344

I play with Rick, Fundy and many more very good Cat1 and low handicap players on this forum and the common denominator is we all have a good day amongst like minded people and we don't care about the amount of shots any one is getting or if the course is shorter or god forbid the Si1 can now be drivable, which I personally doubt and still get a shot!

Im with you there mate and looking forward to a round with you soon - even if just to see that legendary swing miss then return volley drive :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

your handicap is worked out off the whites well at least mine is, if you still want full difference on a course almost 2000 yards shorter....

of course you do you you are off 20 +

over the winter we play off half and that'd in bounce games, not sure anyone would expect full diff under those conditions.

as for not being drivable ask some of the guys on birchys trip if the bunker on 13 on the left is drivable, its just next to that and its only 425 off the white. With the green 30 yards higher than the fairway on a big Dune.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I get sick and tired of cat1 or very low handicappers whining, if anything, if its short the lower handicappers should be more accurate IMO, after-all, that's what handicaps are for, there a leveller!

no need for name calling is there, just cos you are crap, its not my fault is it;)

Last edited:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to have been thinking about jumping into the hot seat again is a sterling effort and then you go and actually post it! Hats off to you. Must have enjoyed that speech after all ;).

Whilst not speaking for anybody else I'd be sure that a large contingent from the NW would participate, myself being one of em.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
virtuosity. I think it's a neat idea and would be up for it.

Being "drawn" against your nearest forumer is pretty random in my view. Travel can be sorted by goodwill (mostly). So I think you have the basics right. Of course, my views likely to be tempered by the fact I'm unlikely to feature in two rounds (at best).

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loved the idea of this when it was first suggested for the original KoK's idea and would be more than happy to enter and lose in the first round to anyone else from the east of England region.

Status
Not open for further replies.