Gloves...what’s that all about, then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26595
  • Start date

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wear one to help with grip and prevent blisters, I have soft hands (never make a tradesman 😄). I put mine on on the 1st tee, it comes off after the 18th green. I've tried taking it off for putting but it feels odd to me so I keep it on the whole time.

Each to their own.
Same as above just doesn't feel right without a glove,and it's on for the whole round unless it's very hot and it gets wet with sweat .then I just put another on in its place

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Take the glove off for all short game shots and putting. Did it as a kid as I saw the pros doing it on TV so followed suit. Not sure it'll give me that much more feel but it's something I've always done and so wearing it on chips feels wrong and if you feel uncomfy before you hit a shot it invariably on turns out one way so I stick to glove off

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how long does a glove last and how much does a glove cost?
Depends on how much golf you play and more importantly how good your golf grip is. I have an issue with mine and so wear a hole in the palm regularly but a leather glove being used twice a week (and assuming not damaged by getting wet) will easily last me 6-8 months. Tend to bulk buy so price varies dependent on who is offering what deal

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how long does a glove last and how much does a glove cost?
I pay around £5-6 per glove, usually in a 2 glove discount deal at AG. I get 8-10 months out of a glove. I used to get much less but that was a grip issue and since resolving that I get good mileage out of them. Not much when you think about the amount of usage I get from them.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I only wear a glove when it rains. The first chance I get to take it off I will.

Absolutely no need for a glove with modern grips.

Two gloves in the rain makes perfect sense.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I buy one at about £17, and then bin it off when it is crackered. Could be one round, could be 5 or 6 weeks. Who knows?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends on how much golf you play and more importantly how good your golf grip is. I have an issue with mine and so wear a hole in the palm regularly but a leather glove being used twice a week (and assuming not damaged by getting wet) will easily last me 6-8 months. Tend to bulk buy so price varies dependent on who is offering what deal

I buy one at about £17, and then bin it off when it is crackered. Could be one round, could be 5 or 6 weeks. Who knows?

My hands were free and, so far, I've never had to replace them. :p :whistle:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am aggressive. Love that. I have always wanted to be perceived as tough. Yeah, right. Not me really, bit of a pussy cat.

Just don't get why wearing, not wearing a glove is an issue. Each to their own.

Wow, you must really have upset this person. I see he's now deleted his membership. 😂😂
And I thought I was sensitive 😄

D

Deleted member 23344

I forgot my glove once and quickly had a blister on my thumb.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I've become used to wearing a glove for all shots other than putts.

I think it's important to remember it is ideal to grip the club with less tension rather than more.

Also worth saying that someone with a faster swing speed is going to get more from a glove than those with a slower swing.