General Play Question

pwc

Visit site
I play in England so all general play done on myEG app. Playing a few courses in England soon with friends who have a handicap issued in Scotland, is there any way to submit general play score with them as the ones to attest the score?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
This may not happen in time for your trip:

"England Golf and the GB&I home nations (Scotland, Wales & Ireland) have been working closely with DotGolf to digitise the submission of general play scores via the MyEG app. We are excited to announce this functionality will be going live very soon.

The update will be seamless, and counties/clubs and players do not need to take any further action. Previously, the only way to submit scores were for players to send back their scorecards to their respective home clubs for manual input. With the improved functionality, golfers will be able to use the MyEG app to search for, create score intents and submit scores on any golf course affiliated with England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Furthermore, with this improved functionality, players may have their scores attested by any golfer who is an affiliated member or member of one of the independent golfer programmes within GB&I.

This is an exciting time for golfers within GB&I, England Golf are aware of the pressing need for golfers who regularly travel and play golf across the British Isles to have a digital solution to submitting scores and to be able to do it via the MyEG app ensures consistency with the current process for score submission in England. This will again, demonstrate the strong working relationships England Golf have with the Scottish, Welsh and Irish nations, enabling us to collaborate to improve the amateur game for all GB&I golfers."​

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't find anywhere in the England Golf version of the WHS handicap manual that the marker must have an England Golf handicap. The key phrase seems to be, "The marker must be a person acceptable to the Handicap Committee". So just hand in the card to you club.
The question is about entering scores on the EG App not physical cards. To be a marker on the app, you must have the app on your phone so a Scottish player would be excluded

pwc

Visit site
The question is about entering scores on the EG App not physical cards. To be a marker on the app, you must have the app on your phone so a Scottish player would be excluded
That's it just wondered if any way doing on app without having to manually hand cards in. Thanks for the responses.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WHS is supposed to be worldwide or so we thought.
But someone from another country can’t attest your score on an app.
something not right there.
How long has this been going now.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WHS is supposed to be worldwide or so we thought.
But someone from another country can’t attest your score on an app.
something not right there.
How long has this been going now.
the ability to submit general play cards and have someone from a different country attest your score was not one of the reasons behind WHS coming in.

people seem to misunderstand this

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the WHS FAQs prior to introduction:

"The methods used to receive scores and compute and maintain handicaps remains at the discretion of each National Association. While implementation of the WHS will invariably impact different technology and computation services in use around the world at various levels, it is anticipated that any disruption will be kept to a minimum."

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What does the W stand for ?

Struggling to understand the relevance...it's a world handicap system as your index is calculated with the same formula across the world, which was the point of the system

It wasn't introduced so Jane in Scotland can attest Paul from Wales score whilst playing somewhere in England.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the ability to submit general play cards and have someone from a different country attest your score was not one of the reasons behind WHS coming in.

people seem to misunderstand this
I never said it did.
I just expected a World handicap System to be the same all over the World.
But apparently there are differences between the way it’s implemented so World is the wrong word.
Maybe PHS Popular Handicap System would be more appropriate.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Struggling to understand the relevance...it's a world handicap system as your index is calculated with the same formula across the world, which was the point of the system

It wasn't introduced so Jane in Scotland can attest Paul from Wales score whilst playing somewhere in England.
I think it was sold to us like that though.

Why have a “ World System that you can’t use outside your own country”

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it was sold to us like that though.

Why have a “ World System that you can’t use outside your own country”
Because our (and other) National Authorities wanted to do their own thing when it came to the 'front end' data entry processes/software.

And as said in the initial publicity which you may have missed " .... the day-to-day administration of handicapping will continue to be the responsibility of the existing handicapping authorities and individual National Associations."

AussieKB

Visit site
Because our (and other) National Authorities wanted to do their own thing when it came to the 'front end' data entry processes/software.

And as said in the initial publicity which you may have missed " .... the day-to-day administration of handicapping will continue to be the responsibility of the existing handicapping authorities and individual National Associations."
Then don't call it World, quite simple really.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
But nobody can attest your score unless they have the IG ap.

these two posts seem to contradict each other.
Thu=is isn't a fault of the heart of the WHS system itself but the way individual national authorities decided to implement the bit that they were responsible for.