IG app and general play score

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today I used the IG app for a general play score for the first time in years.
I only realised when entering the score that the marker has to attest the card same as EG (I was expecting to be asked to photo it)
What happens if the marker does not have the app, do they get an email?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Picking up this thread. Email from club yesterday…Anyone else experiencing this?

We have recently seen an unusually high number of penalty scores being recorded to players records when registration and sign-off take place via the IG App. In most cases, players have attempted to return scores, but the App process has not been fully completed, or a technical glitch has occurred. We believe it revolves around the need for your playing partner to digitally attest the score via their own device using the IG App.

Therefore, reluctantly, we have taken the decision to suspend use of the IG app for General Play scoring while this issue is investigated and resolved.

Putting a cynical hat on I might guess what’s happening, but I’m reaching out for thoughts.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have the penalty scores been allowed to remain on the players handicap record or have the committee / secretary deleted them?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm using the Welsh Version, but some odd stuff is happening on that too.

Last month I did a gen play card and the "marker" was asked to scribble on the screen. No attester message was sent. Last week, did the same and it didn't ask for an on screen signature, but sent a message to to the marker.

Same thing, two outcomes

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have the penalty scores been allowed to remain on the players handicap record or have the committee / secretary deleted them?
Don’t know. But last year a mate got a penalty for not having his score attested. I was the assigned attester but I never received anything from or in the IG App asking me to do that. I think my mate had the P removed by the club as I verbally confirmed his score - but he was stuck with the penalty applied to his HI.

The current issue the club has raised sounds the same…though I have no idea if they are related.

Last edited: