IG Golf App - mate can't attest my score?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I registered my I intent to submit a general play score using the IG Golf app - the one the club uses for pretty much everything. At the end of the round, I entered my score, 'signed' it on the phone, and then picked the attester from the list of members. The attester is my mate Trev who'd played the round with me. The app on my phone has a flagged message saying ' General Play score waiting for attestation'. But where does he sign or attest it? On my phone? On his phone? There doesn't seem to be anywhere - on either phone - where he can do so. My phone just has a competed scorecard on it. And his phone has nothing at all.

Anyone got any ideas what's what? (Normally I'd ask the club office - but the 'expert' has just gone on holiday). Hopefully it can be sorted as it was a good score

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He should have got a message that a card is waiting for fro him to sign when he open the IG App. Can't remember exactly where but I seem to recall it was on the top line where the settings icon is. He should be able to click on the notification and sort it from there.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
He should have got a message that a card is waiting for fro him to sign when he open the IG App. Can't remember exactly where but I seem to recall it was on the top line where the settings icon is. He should be able to click on the notification and sort it from there.
Therein lies the problem I think. He's opened the App, but there is no message. We've tried closing then re-opening the app, but still nothing.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had this recently at my club; the answer was that I didn't have the latest version of the app on my phone. Updated it and all was good.....worth a punt?

** Sorry that should have said my nominated attester didn't have the latest version...apologies!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had this recently at my club; the answer was that I didn't have the latest version of the app on my phone. Updated it and all was good.....worth a punt?

** Sorry that should have said my nominated attester didn't have the latest version...apologies!
Ta - that could be worth a try.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you send him a reminder from your app and see if that gets through?
Didn't seem to be any method of sending a reminder? But Iwtuk's suggestion of him updating his app seems to be a partial success. He's now got a message notification about someone else's round from about 2 months ago. Just have to wait a bit to see if mine now comes through.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worth updating your own app.

I understand the attester now signs your phone after you have signed.

When I had a mate who did not have the app it was verified by our manager from the card, just took a couple of weeks to happen.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

When I had a mate who did not have the app it was verified by our manager from the card, just took a couple of weeks to happen.

Only if they are on your round for scoring if not you just sent to them as normal

Either way has to be sent to them

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

I checked and my app was up to date (auto update perhaps?)

But anyhow, problem now appears to be solved - having contacted them, the office apparently deleted the data & re-entered it manually onto the system. But the update of my mates phone also seems to have proved beneficial.

Budds

Banned
Visit site
I checked and my app was up to date (auto update perhaps?)

But anyhow, problem now appears to be solved - having contacted them, the office apparently deleted the data & re-entered it manually onto the system. But the update of my mates phone also seems to have proved beneficial.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's a version compatibility glitch. A check of versions on both phones, which need to be turned on, or storred on a server, when the attester is entered, would sort that out.