General Play Question

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thu=is isn't a fault of the heart of the WHS system itself but the way individual national authorities decided to implement the bit that they were responsible for.
But that’s like FIFA letting countries have their own version of offside in football.

probably me but I expected a World handicap system to be the same in other countries.
Its not much good if I wanted to play in a comp in the USA but nobody can attest my score on IG.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Struggling to understand the relevance...it's a world handicap system as your index is calculated with the same formula across the world, which was the point of the system

That is not 100% true. I know of three different systems to scale up a nine hole score to produce an 18 hole equivalent differential. No, actually four - I forget the American way.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
But that’s like FIFA letting countries have their own version of offside in football.

probably me but I expected a World handicap system to be the same in other countries.
Its not much good if I wanted to play in a comp in the USA but nobody can attest my score on IG.
Will IG recognise US courses?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is not 100% true. I know of three different systems to scale up a nine hole score to produce an 18 hole equivalent differential. No, actually four - I forget the American way.
The US combines the next 9 hole score with the first.
What are the two others?

DickInShorts

Visit site
You can have your score attested by anybody - just get them to mark a scorecard(a non digital one) and then photo it and send it to your home club. If they enter it on the system the same day as the round was played you will get any PCC applicable.

WHS was not set up to work on proprietary software systems - it was to enable golfers to play against each other with handicaps calculated using the same methodology.

Nb - acceptable scores remain different across the world as does MLS being used in some but not all jurisdictions

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can have your score attested by anybody - just get them to mark a scorecard(a non digital one) and then photo it and send it to your home club. If they enter it on the system the same day as the round was played you will get any PCC applicable.

WHS was not set up to work on proprietary software systems - it was to enable golfers to play against each other with handicaps calculated using the same methodology.

Nb - acceptable scores remain different across the world as does MLS being used in some but not all jurisdictions
What is MLS?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
The US combines the next 9 hole score with the first.
What are the two others?

Before England Golf changed it's algorithm to the one in the Congu Advice document, it used to just use net par + 1 for the nine not played using the 9 hole course handicap. South Africa still uses that system. The European Golf Association use an 18 hole course handicap based on 9 played but in a slightly different manner to England Golf. With the USA method of adding two 9 hole rounds together, that makes four.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before England Golf changed it's algorithm to the one in the Congu Advice document, it used to just use net par + 1 for the nine not played using the 9 hole course handicap.
Is this the Guidance? I have issue 1.7 but can't see any reference to a change from net par + 1
Have you got a link?

IanMcC

Visit site
You email your M&H Secretary in the morning, telling him/her where you are playing, and send a picture of the card when you are finished.
As M&H Secretary of a Welsh club pretty close to the English border, I get 4 or 5 of these a week.
No problem, but looking forward to Dotgolf getting their cross border act together.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You email your M&H Secretary in the morning, telling him/her where you are playing, and send a picture of the card when you are finished.
As M&H Secretary of a Welsh club pretty close to the English border, I get 4 or 5 of these a week.
No problem, but looking forward to Dotgolf getting their cross border act together.
I just assumed a cross border scoring system would have been there from the start in a World System.
Just shows you should never assume anything.

Must be similar to the World Series Baseball that only takes place in America,

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But nobody can attest your score unless they have the IG ap.
I did a GP score recently without realising my mate did not have the app.

The card was given in to the office and about a week later the score appeared on my record having been confirmed by the office after my request for them to put it on the WHS platform.

What annoyed me was they have a video on YouTube saying the card just has to photoed.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thu=is isn't a fault of the heart of the WHS system itself but the way individual national authorities decided to implement the bit that they were responsible for.

And there is the problem, in print. As usual, no one has the doodahs to put one system in place for everyone worldwide. Lets just give them something to placate them and make it a complete load of conkers. Still, it gives us summat to rant about.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did a GP score recently without realising my mate did not have the app.

The card was given in to the office and about a week later the score appeared on my record having been confirmed by the office after my request for them to put it on the WHS platform.

What annoyed me was they have a video on YouTube saying the card just has to photoed.
Our do .
we Don’t do physical cards anymore once you photo it I just put it in the bin.