Foursome's golf = CRAP

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If it's your one round for the week then fair enough, I too would rather play 18 holes with my own ball.

But I love 4somes and see it as the ultimate test of team golf. Knowing that you don't get a chance to recover yourself from a poor shot and the pressure of having to pull off a shot despite not being in a "rythmn" just makes the challenge better.

I've never played foursomes but totally agree, if it's your only round for the week then I'd rather play my own ball but then again it might depend who I was partnered with. I'd play tomorrow given the chance,,,, beats sitting here doing nothing or playing a solo round because all my mates have 'proper jobs' and only play at weekends :p

I think I must be one of the few who like this format. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2 rounds of it at Gullane a couple of weeks ago. We were round in 3 hours both times so got 2 rounds in a day which is a blessing in the winter. And as for crap golf it didn't stop our opponents in the afternoon getting 4 birdies and an eagle. I guess it's where you put the ball, Chris.

That sounds great, 4 birdies and an eagle sounds more like Texas Scramble...that's pretty good going :)

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah Homer, you must have seen me last week.

Played in a mixed foursome's for the club in a away fixture.
Managed to win 6 and 4, but we only used 2 of my drives in the 14 holes. Mined you my partner absolutely nailed everything down the middle, and I putted the my best for about 3 months.

My partner plays off 15, I'm a 26 and I think we were only 9 over par after 14 holes, and with only 21 putts.

inthehole

Hacker
Visit site
Totally disagree. Its a very good game and takes time to learn to manage yourself. It is usually very quick and also should be very sociable.

Earl

Club Champion
Visit site
One thing it does do is test your nerve all that pressure on you not to let your partner down, maybe that is why it is disliked.

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where do you play funkfred? I have a 28 handicapper I regularly play with (I love the challenge) so greensomes gives us half a chance. We've been known to play 5 off the tee in foursomes!!!!!!!

Homer, I play at Kent & Surrey (Edenbridge)that last post should have said Greensomes not Foursomes.

They normally put me with a good lady player, but I have played with this actual lady player 3 times now and we have a 3 and 0 record, and my record is 4 and 0 for the season.

We compliment each other very well, as I said she normally drives very well, we both chip reasonable well, and my putting is my strong point so we make a good couple.

These games are only friendlies and they are great fun to play in, and surely thats why we all play this game.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where do you play funkfred? I have a 28 handicapper I regularly play with (I love the challenge) so greensomes gives us half a chance. We've been known to play 5 off the tee in foursomes!!!!!!!

Homer, I play at Kent & Surrey (Edenbridge)that last post should have said Greensomes not Foursomes.

They normally put me with a good lady player, but I have played with this actual lady player 3 times now and we have a 3 and 0 record, and my record is 4 and 0 for the season.

We compliment each other very well, as I said she normally drives very well, we both chip reasonable well, and my putting is my strong point so we make a good couple.

These games are only friendlies and they are great fun to play in, and surely thats why we all play this game.

What a course! I played there earlier this year and was very impressed. Almost joined but it was a tad too far from me. :D

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Auburn warrior. Yes its a great track, I joined in March (it is my first club) a bit difficult for me (h/c 26) but I must say I do look forward every week to face my adversary (the course) because one week I will beat it.

There are new owners there (about 12 months)and they are working very hard in bringing the club and course back to apparently how it once was. The members I speak to are very pleased with the progress that has been made. Hardly a week goes by without something new has been done to the course.
The greens and fairways are absolutely superb, still some work to be done on the bunkers and the tee boxes, but obviously theses things take time and money.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
im new 2 the forum,however i say that any game of golf is better than any day at work so im happy 2 play any format,however my favorite 4 ball game is stableford pairs as every point is important so you always feel part of the game.