Fog policy?

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure which section this should go in, so if any no mods think it should be moved, please do so.

To the point, however, do any of your clubs have a fog policy during covid times?

We're trying to implement one, so I thought I'd check to see what others might already have implemented.

Seems to me that the most logical solution might be to 'lose' any early slots booked as there can't be any waiting around these days, and it means there won't be a knock on effect with later groups possibly not being able to finish their round.

Any suggestions?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can’t see an issue, during COVID we had a seniors open shotgun Comp, it wasn’t a full field as number were restricted, but we did get called in due to flooded greens after a serious downpour, some stayed under the balcony outside, some went into the bar, the lounge and everyone was pretty much spread about without any issues.

A normal Tee booking day would be less numbers and only the early tee times affected, possibly an hour at most I’d say waiting for the fog to clear, so a maximum of 48 people, which isn’t a lot to disperse around a Clubhouse, and some would receive alerts from emails, social media and our website stating that play has been delayed by a certain time, we could even contact some directly, so not everyone would turn up as normal.

Like a fire drill, have assembly points where so many people can sit spread out in each area for this situation so times can be shuffled back.

I think at times we’re too quick and too busy finding ways to cancel things and not be positive enough to find ways of making things carry on, with as little disruption as possible.

This crap is with us now for all our days, so let’s get busy living!