Fitting Fees

evemccc

Visit site
Imagine arguing that 200 quid is not reasonable when the full fitting bag is probably 4-5 hours of his time.

The blokes obviously an expert.

But it’s not though, it’s 3 hours..for £225. Wedges and Putter not included

I would like to be paid £75 an hour. Works out £156,000 for a 40 hour week. And a three hour day, 15 hour week works out almost £60,000 a year

I’m not a class-warrior, but that’s some good going..

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd say 225 is to stop timewasters
A full bag fitting would take a few hours
Why would anybody give up all that time if there was no sale, no benefit to them afterwards
Be nothing worse than spending 3hrs with somebody, some punter picking your brains, using your facilities and tech
Then walking away scot free
To try and source them products somewhere else

Still wouldn't pay £225 for a fitting then fork out £2-3k on clubs. What exactly does he do that another pro wouldn't, which justifies his pricing point?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A couple of questions for the OP.
do you know which clubs you are after or are you happy to look at figures/ numbers of different clubs to see what you will be getting.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still wouldn't pay £225 for a fitting then fork out £2-3k on clubs. What exactly does he do that another pro wouldn't, which justifies his pricing point?

I've just told u that 225 will be advertised to stop timewasters
I've had 3 sets of irons fitted and built by sggt, and never once did I see a fitting fee on invoice breakdown
I've no idea if all those advertised fees are refunded or deducted if a purchase is made, just can only speak from my own experiences there.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
A couple of questions for the OP.
do you know which clubs you are after or are you happy to look at figures/ numbers of different clubs to see what you will be getting.

Happy to be led by the data. Had considered Orka but don't want to be limited to one brand.

Irons are a definite. But listening to the chasing scratch podcast has led me to question my full bag.

Price of clubs will be a factor. I don't want to spend loads on exotic shafts etc. I'm reckoning on £2k for the full set up. Going for the usual D, 3w, H, Driving iron or 2nd hybrid, irons and wedges.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
That's why I was wondering about the money being refunded. I'd find it hard paying the £225 over and above the cost of new clubs. I know it's a top notch facility etc. but that's a whole 3 wood ?.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Happy to be led by the data. Had considered Orka but don't want to be limited to one brand.

Irons are a definite. But listening to the chasing scratch podcast has led me to question my full bag.

Price of clubs will be a factor. I don't want to spend loads on exotic shafts etc. I'm reckoning on £2k for the full set up. Going for the usual D, 3w, H, Driving iron or 2nd hybrid, irons and wedges.
£2k for clubs are you mad, get some lessons, don't blame your tools :ROFLMAO:.

evemccc

Visit site

Which Chasing Scratch episode was that? I’ve not listened to any yet but curious about bag discussions

shane3003

Visit site
For me it’s a lot of money but not one I’d begrudge paying. I’d look at it more of a learning experience as well as being fit for the best clubs for my swing.
I’d also not feel obligated to purchase any clubs or guilty if I don’t decide to purchase, as I’m paying for his time during the fitting.
I had a fitting at Gainsborough with Ping in 2019, they charged a nominal fee but I felt guilty that I didn’t purchase on the day, and overall I didn’t really learn much.
In 2019 I also had a putter fitting at Precision Golf, I think I paid around £100 for that fitting at the time and it was money well spent. The whole experience felt really dialled in to me and personal, I learned a great deal about putting and my stroke.
I did go on and order a putter on top of the fitting fee, it was all money well spent.
We’re all different and view things differently, but no ones time should be for free.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
But it’s not though, it’s 3 hours..for £225. Wedges and Putter not included

I would like to be paid £75 an hour. Works out £156,000 for a 40 hour week. And a three hour day, 15 hour week works out almost £60,000 a year

I’m not a class-warrior, but that’s some good going..

This shows zero idea of what it is like to run a business.
Real figures are nowhere near this, by the time you take off property rental, utilities, business rates, employees, cleaners, pensions, taxes, health care, equipment, depreciation of equipment, etc.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Which Chasing Scratch episode was that? I’ve not listened to any yet but curious about bag discussions
It was the Rickception episode in season 2.
They didn't really discuss the bag. They just laughed a lot at one of the guys driver. He eventually went for a fitting and the fitter said 'do you ever wonder why one day your driver works but your irons are rubbish, then the next day your irons work but your driver is rubbish?' Apparently it's mostly down to mismatched weightings in the shafts in different clubs. Nothing to do with a duff swing ?.

That's what I've based my rash decision on. My clubs are useless but my swing is perfect ?.

Give the podcast a whirl it's really humorous and I find myself laughing because I know I'd be doing all the stuff they've done.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone has already mentioned Precision Golf (in Byfleet). They charged £250 for a full bag when i went - which is nearly three years ago now. And no, its not knocked off the clubs if you buy them from them (but no obligation to do so.). Scott's business model is the same I guess.

It may seem expensive but it was a 4 hour session and you could try a multitude of heads and shafts. They were not tied or allied to any one OEM. They were very thorough, explained a lot, demonstrated a lot - in effect it was a 4 hour lesson with a specification for clubs at the end of it. . They most interesting bit was that they showed what elements of my swing could be improved by clubhead and/or shaft - and what couldn't. Did it make a big difference? Well the clubs feel just right to me, i find them easier to swing, and i think i strike the ball better. My good shots are better than they used to be. Am I a better golfer? No, but I never expected that - but at least I know the faults are mine and not the clubs. All in all, as a half day "experience" I think it was worth it.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've just told u that 225 will be advertised to stop timewasters
I've had 3 sets of irons fitted and built by sggt, and never once did I see a fitting fee on invoice breakdown
I've no idea if all those advertised fees are refunded or deducted if a purchase is made, just can only speak from my own experiences there.

I take it then he gets a lot of people wasting his time then to justify £225. Must be loads of time wasters in the area he works in.