Custom Fit - Scotland

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi All

I have a special birthday coming up shortly and as a treat to myself I would like to go and get a full bag fitting for a set of clubs that will see me good for a few years - woods through to wedges. I'm aware of Scott Gourlay etc who will fit a range of different manufacturers but I'd also wondered if anyone had experience of the manufacturers facilities? I think there is a Titleist one near Edinburgh, a Taylor made one and I think potentially a Callaway one in St Andrews. I'm west coast but will to travel within reason for a one off experience to get me sorted. Any recommendations or personal experience much appreciated.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've had fittings at both tge official Titleist and Callaway fitting centres. Both are excellent.
Callaway is free if your pro books it, not sure about Titleist as I went about 10 years ago.

You also hit outside at both of these, very important for me.

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had fittings at both tge official Titleist and Callaway fitting centres. Both are excellent.
Callaway is free if your pro books it, not sure about Titleist as I went about 10 years ago.

You also hit outside at both of these, very important for me.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate its limited going with a manufacturer facility but I’d agree, I’m not sure I’d be overly keen on indoor hitting into a net etc.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a fitting with Scott Gourlay all though he was very good it was inside and to be frank I felt it was a wast of time. That was a few years ago it might be different now.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All

I have a special birthday coming up shortly and as a treat to myself I would like to go and get a full bag fitting for a set of clubs that will see me good for a few years - woods through to wedges. I'm aware of Scott Gourlay etc who will fit a range of different manufacturers but I'd also wondered if anyone had experience of the manufacturers facilities? I think there is a Titleist one near Edinburgh, a Taylor made one and I think potentially a Callaway one in St Andrews. I'm west coast but will to travel within reason for a one off experience to get me sorted. Any recommendations or personal experience much appreciated.
Clydeway performance Glasgow is good multiple brands for testing and guys really know there stuff
Why to people dislike indoor fitting? Just curious.
I like to see the ball flight rather than the numbers on the screen, seeing what the ball is doing shows me what's working, I'm unconvinced by just numbers on the screen

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I got fitted at Callaway in St. Andrews. Not hitting into a net but on a driving range with trackman. I was able to try out a wide range of heads and shafts and enjoyed the experience. I found out I should have them at 2 flat. It only took me 50 years to get to my first fitting. :cautious: Well worth it though.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You've got to see the ball flight and roll out, not just what some launch monitor computes.
Also, I never feel I swing at my best in an artificial setup indoors.

Visit site
Scott Gourley seems to be THE man in Scotland. Not certain whether he's truly independent, but OEMs like Titleist, TM etc are obviously not. The likes of American Golf also have preferred brands to push. I believe there's a custom fit associated with St Andrews too.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Clydeway performance Glasgow is good multiple brands for testing and guys really know there stuff

I like to see the ball flight rather than the numbers on the screen, seeing what the ball is doing shows me what's working, I'm unconvinced by just numbers on the screen
I’m a big fan of numbers when getting a fitting but I’m also used to simulator golf

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just back from SSGT. Had couple fittings in the past in England but none of them come even close to SSGT. Was hitting prov’s in to the range from the mat and grass outside. All I would say after 1.5h iron fitting I wouldn’t do full bag fitting in one day. Was getting tired towards the end.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just back from SSGT. Had couple fittings in the past in England but none of them come even close to SSGT. Was hitting prov’s in to the range from the mat and grass outside. All I would say after 1.5h iron fitting I wouldn’t do full bag fitting in one day. Was getting tired towards the end.
Some questions...
1. What did you decide on?
2. How much was the fitting?
3. Do you get the fitting cost back if you order through them?

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Before fitting I liked the look of Mizuno 923 tour, taylormade p7mc and until yesterday titliest t100. After seeing new titliest t100 coming out in the next two months decided against them. To my surprise 2 best heads was cobra mb and srixon z forge 2.
All the way through to the process I wasn’t looking what heads I was given. Didn’t want to get sway by any brands advertising. Ended up ordering srixon z forge 2. With the right shaft they were club longer then my taylormade p760.
Fitting for irons is 150 but if you order what was recommended during the fitting is free of charge.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What did you get?