Fitting Fees

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So was I right that you dismissed it without trying it?

For me, no you were not right.
I have played with plenty people who have used them and nobody had any faith that it made the slightest difference.
With modern woods if you get fitted and then decide to change loft setting you are immediately losing the "benefit".

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
depending on how old your current clubs are you may need to buy new wedge(s) and hybrids to ensure you have all distances covered.

You at least have to take along your full bag so you know what you will be missing gap wise and need to fill at a later date.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a way of finding out when a shaft is in it's most neutral orientation so that shaft defelction happens in the best way.
Plenty online about it
Plenty of sceptics, plenty of advocates
Geez. I'd have thought spilling 800 notes on new irons would have ensured just about perfection, nevermind spending more puring something that should already be pure.
Maybe it's just me.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
With modern woods if you get fitted and then decide to change loft setting you are immediately losing the "benefit".

That's not necessarily true. Modern loft adjustment systems, certainly those with dual cogs, allow loft and face angle adjustment without the need to move the shaft from its "normal" orientation.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will but just assumed he's closed just now and I'm trying to plan ahead.

Send him a message on twitter or Instagram. I asked him about putter fittings and he responded same day to me.

A mate of mine has been to him and says the fee was taken off, but wasn't sure if that is normal or because he's been a lot.

I plan to go to Scott for a driver fitting sometime this year, yeah the fees may be a bit more but he seems to be the best around so I think the cost is justified.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a way of finding out when a shaft is in it's most neutral orientation so that shaft defelction happens in the best way.
Plenty online about it
Plenty of sceptics, plenty of advocates

I may be wrong but I think it has its origins in the production of carbon blanks for fishing rod manufacture. Aligning the spine allowed the most effective delivery of power when casting and also when playing a fish.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I may be wrong but I think it has its origins in the production of carbon blanks for fishing rod manufacture. Aligning the spine allowed the most effective delivery of power when casting and also when playing a fish.
That would not surprise me in the slightest..

evemccc

Visit site
TBH i've only ever heard good things from people who have had clubs from him so he must be doing something right.

From what I gather though, SGGT doesn’t stock or fit Ping. Or didn’t
I think it’s to do with Ping being particular about their shafts??

A shame because Ping seem to have one of the best reputations of all OEMs and especially with their Driver range