Final details for Old Farts v Whippersnappers week-end...................

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Huge thanks to Sniffy for organising this event. Superb from start to finish
Thanks to the Skippers - BiM and Kraxx
Thanks to IanM, Bren, James, Dave and Ian for the company - some good stuff, some not so good but banter and laughs aplenty.
Got 1/2 a point against Irip - a good battle all square going down the last - worked out how to hit my irons. Put a 7 iron to 10 ft..Ian put one to 15, both putts shaved the hole and a "Good:Good" was agreed.
Smashing weekend. Just might have to come again...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
That's absolutely fantastic news lads. Well played!!
I'm just glad that everybody had a good time if I'm honest.
That's 1-1 in the series then.
Next years event will be bigger and better.
You'll see.
And I guarantee, I'll be there.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to add my thanks for a great couple of days. Well done to the old geezers. Just happy that i won both of my matches (ok beezerk carried me for much of the pairs match)

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats to the old farts
d8DEOtY.gif

A great weekend , good to meet some new faces, roll on next year.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Home, unpacked, sorted, knackered.

Another top couple of days with some good - and some not so good - golf.

Thanks to...

Smiffy for doing all the organisey things. Gutted you missed out but hope next year is better for you being there.

Kraxx and BiM for doing the captainy things on site. Splendidly done chaps.

Fish, Merv_swerve, Ruff driver, Snell, 2blue and Brendan for your company over the 2 days and ignoring me tutting at perfectly good shots.

To everyone else for making the last couple of days enjoyable as always.

Obviously it's all about the taking part, but anyone else been on the last 2 winning sides? :whistle:

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Great weekend everybody, and well done to Smiffys Ol' Boys.

BiM and Kraxxx did a fine job as Captains and it was really good to see some familiar faces and some new.

If it's at Pines again next year I'll defo be back, determined to get some points on the board!

Cheers to all involved.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A cracking couple of days.

Thanks to GB72 (twice), AnotherDouble, Beezerk, Merve_swere & PuttPuttSteve for great company on the course and it was good to meet some familiar faces from my first meet a year ago and some new ones as well.

My golf has at last taken a major step forward just in the last few weeks and I was pleased that translated to my play at Forest Pines. Driving and chipping were good, mid-irons and putting less so.

Many thanks for organising again Smiffy and we brought home the bragging rights in your honour. Thanks too to BlueinMunich for ably stepping in as captain and for all who were there for making it a great meet.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Thanks too Smiffy for his organisational skills.

Also thanks too the two captains Richard and Stu.

For the real thanks to everyone that had to watch my truely awful golf, Snell, Chrisd, Puttputtsteve, BiM, Kraxx and fish.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's absolutely fantastic news lads. Well played!!
I'm just glad that everybody had a good time if I'm honest.
That's 1-1 in the series then.
Next years event will be bigger and better.
You'll see.
And I guarantee, I'll be there.

That's good to hear Rob 👍

Hats off to you again for putting all this together again
Weather was outstanding too😎

Congrats to the old farts on their victory
They really turned it around in today's singles ties 👏

Another year to meet a few more ugly mugs, I can now put to their forum names

Great round on Sunday with butcher, johnnydee (what a putter) and tee girl
Hard fought half at the last
Followed by a good tussle today with leftie, in company with James and grumpy

Excellent 2 days , efficiently run by our 2 captains BIM and Kraxx, with what appeared to be a bit of input from our friendly moderator Fragger

Roll on next year Rob

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
All unpacked and with a captain Morgans spiced in hand.

great weekend seeing yet more new faces and some very familiar old ones.

thanks to those who put up with me for the 2 rounds and here's to next year

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Cracking couple of days as usual.

Hats off to Smiffy, such a shame you weren't there to revel in the glory, and to BlueinMunich and Kraxx for ably captaining the sides.

Thanks for yesterday's game to khamelion, Richy and 2blue yesterday for a good betterball match, especially to 2blue who played excellent golf, I contributed once or twice.

And thanks today to Dando who is a great ball striker, but I was fortunate to catch him on a day when he was struggling to get off the tee and the score flattered me. Thanks also to Chrisd and Dan2844 for the company, good to get reacquainted with Dan's supersonic swing speed!

But most of all, well played the Old Farts! :thup:

Last edited:

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another great forum meet with excellent partners and guests.
Pity the golf game was not up to scratch but an excellent result for the GoF's.
It was a real pity that the organiser Rob was not there as he would have a[had some choice words to say.
I shall look forward to the next game next year.
Great to meet some old friends and to make some new ones.
See you all at H4H's at Hankley.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just home after a super 2 days. Thanks Rob, IBM and Kraxx for everything and so sorry you weren't there to cheer us in Rob

the food was much better as a carvery this year, everything else was just as good and great to see all the old faces and some new ones. Now boasting a 100% record over the 2 meets but Dan and his supersonic swing took some beating today and the 5 and 3 scoreline was a bit flattering.

Cheers to Putt putt Steve as my partner, Paperboy and Snell for an enjoyable game on Saturday and to Dan2844 (the fastest swing ive ever seen) for great fun today and to also to Crow and Dando for their great company today

Also many thanks for brother Twinman for driving this year. Roll on next year and WELL DONE YOU FARTS!!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just in after a ropey journey back (horrible M1) but now with glass of vino sitting beside me.

Just to reiterate what has been said - Rob, thanks for the organisation and hard work to set up a great two days with weather to match!!

To the skippers for keeping it all afloat.

To my PPs over the two days Tee Girl (Jan), ButcherCD (Chris) and Moogie (Brian) all excellent company where we battled to end up with a fair half.

And today with Chris (again) Bezerk ( Martin) and Another Double (Chris 2) again top men and our singles played in excellent good spirit and humour but keeping it competitive also.

Nice too to put faces to forum names - good to see Rosecot, Irip Fish and to meet Fragger, Imurg, Dando and so many others too.

By the way, has anyone mentioned the Farts won? :D

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just home and Mrs AD has unpacked. What can I say that hasn't already. Nothing. Great weekend that was well organised. Cheers to my plying partner of yesterday GG26, oh for your consistency off the tee. Well done to our snappers yesterday, beezerk and GB72. A good 4&2 win for you guys. Well played. Today my opponent Beezerk, well played mate but I just hung on for a 1 up win and the our companions for today Johnny D and ButcherCD. Thanks for the company. Looking forward to next year already

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Excellent 2 days , efficiently run by our 2 captains BIM and Kraxx, with what appeared to be a bit of input from our friendly moderator Fragger

Thanks Moogie, but all I did was shout out the names of the next match group as I was last out on Sunday, did the same this morning and then passed the baton onto the very experienced 2Blue:)

Great weekend all round, Hotel was very good, food ace and I really liked the 3 courses although i'm a bit tree blind now :)
very happy to have contributed a point in the singles (sorry SteveW86 ) and it was very good to see the Whippersnappers accept their crushing defeat with good grace although I did sense a slight dampening in the corner of Khamelion's eye :)

As always great to meet up with faces old and new, Nice to play with Rosecott, Hooker and Dan2844 yesterday and SteveW86, Twinman and Radbourne2010 today, Hope the shockingly bright red trews didnt put anyone off their stride :)

Well done Smiffy, BIM & Kraxx, certainly going to be there next time :whoo:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well the golf was certainly more fun than the journey back :angry: I feel a visit to the Random Irritations thread coming on...

Firstly huge thanks for Smiffy for organising it all and a big thank you to everyone who came for getting into the spirit of the weekend, thanks to Kraxx for sharing the onerous captaincy duties :lol: & to our unpaid vice-captain Fragger for his help and to all my playing partners and opponents, particularly Raph who carried my not inconsiderable bulk for more than a few holes yesterday until I eventually woke up; hope you're back next year mate. :thup:

Right, as requested, here are today's match results tithe the running order;

Overnight, Old Farts 4.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers, I believe the opposition captain may have the results sheet….. And then it went

Fish beat Kraxx68 Old Farts 5.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Blue in Munich beat Paperboy Old Farts 6.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
another double beat Beezerk Old Farts 7.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Johnny Dee stuffed butchered Old Farts 8.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Imurg halved with Irip Old Farts 9 - 6 Whippersnappers
IanM lost to Virtuocity Old Farts 9 - 7 Whippersnappers
HeavyGrebo lost to Richy Old Farts 9 - 8 Whippersnappers
Rosecott lost to Hooker Old Farts 9 - 9 Whippersnappers
PhilTheFragger beat SteveW86 Old Farts 10 - 9 Whippersnappers
Twinman stuffed by Radbourne2010 Old Farts 10 - 10 Whippersnappers
Leftie lost to Moogie Old Farts 10 - 11 Whippersnappers
GrumpyJock lost to James Hay Old Farts 10 - 12 Whippersnappers
PuttPuttSteve lost to GB72 Old Farts 10 - 13 Whippersnappers
GG26 beat Merv_Swerve Old Farts 11 - 13 Whippersnappers
TeeGirl halved with Ruff-Driver Old Farts 11.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Raph beat Khamelion Old Farts 12.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
2blue beat Brendon Clayton Old Farts 13.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Region3 beat Snell Old Farts 14.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Chrisd beat Snell Old Farts 15.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Crow beat Dando Old Farts 16.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers

Apologies to anyone whose forum name I've misspelt; Smiffy, have you booked next year's one yet……… :whistle:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well the golf was certainly more fun than the journey back :angry: I feel a visit to the Random Irritations thread coming on...

Firstly huge thanks for Smiffy for organising it all and a big thank you to everyone who came for getting into the spirit of the weekend, thanks to Kraxx for sharing the onerous captaincy duties :lol: & to our unpaid vice-captain Fragger for his help and to all my playing partners and opponents, particularly Raph who carried my not inconsiderable bulk for more than a few holes yesterday until I eventually woke up; hope you're back next year mate. :thup:

Right, as requested, here are today's match results tithe the running order;

Overnight, Old Farts 4.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers, I believe the opposition captain may have the results sheet….. And then it went

Fish beat Kraxx68 Old Farts 5.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Blue in Munich beat Paperboy Old Farts 6.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
another double beat Beezerk Old Farts 7.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Johnny Dee stuffed butchered Old Farts 8.5 - 5.5 Whippersnappers
Imurg halved with Irip Old Farts 9 - 6 Whippersnappers
IanM lost to Virtuocity Old Farts 9 - 7 Whippersnappers
HeavyGrebo lost to Richy Old Farts 9 - 8 Whippersnappers
Rosecott lost to Hooker Old Farts 9 - 9 Whippersnappers
PhilTheFragger beat SteveW86 Old Farts 10 - 9 Whippersnappers
Twinman stuffed by Radbourne2010 Old Farts 10 - 10 Whippersnappers
Leftie lost to Moogie Old Farts 10 - 11 Whippersnappers
GrumpyJock lost to James Hay Old Farts 10 - 12 Whippersnappers
PuttPuttSteve lost to GB72 Old Farts 10 - 13 Whippersnappers
GG26 beat Merv_Swerve Old Farts 11 - 13 Whippersnappers
TeeGirl halved with Ruff-Driver Old Farts 11.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Raph beat Khamelion Old Farts 12.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
2blue beat Brendon Clayton Old Farts 13.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Region3 beat Snell Old Farts 14.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Chrisd beat Snell Old Farts 15.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers
Crow beat Dando Old Farts 16.5 - 13.5 Whippersnappers

Apologies to anyone whose forum name I've misspelt; Smiffy, have you booked next year's one yet……… :whistle:

Well that didn't space as I typed it! :angry: Fragger, HELP!!