Final details for Old Farts v Whippersnappers week-end...................

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just to confirm the final details.
I have notified Forest Pines of the rooming lists, please see the main thread about rooming arrangements elsewhere in the "Arrange a game" section if you are not sure who you are rooming with.
You can check in at anytime, (I am planning to get there around mid-day), but please note that your rooms will not be available until 3pm. Obviously we wil be out on the golf course at that time, but if I remember correctly the hotel have a large, sercure holding room where you can leave your luggage until you get back in after your round.
The 1st tee is booked from 14.16 for the 1st round. This will be over the Forest and Pines 9's. Format will be fourball betterball matchplay (90% allowance), and the matches will be made known to you a few days before the event. There is a little bit of flexibiity with pairings with the fourballs, so if you have any requests as to who you wish to be paired with, please can you let either me (if you are an Old Fart) or Kraxx68 know (if you are a Whippersnapper) with plenty of time.
Dinner will be served from 8.30pm in the main dining room, (casual dress perfectly acceptable ie jeans and t shirts etc), where the draw will be made for the singles matchplay the following morning. Always good for a laugh that is, (the draw, not the food!).
Breakfast will be available from 6.30 the next morning (for all you early risers!).
The 1st tee is booked again from 9.28 and this time we will be playing the Pines & Beeches 9's. Format is singles matchplay with full handicap allowance.
Due to the constraints placed on us by the hotel we will be playing in fours so there will be two matches being played within each group. It would be great if we could just have two's going out but this would obviously choke the tee up for too long and you can't expect that on a resort style course. Whilst a bit of gentle banter is to be expected between matches, obviously no assistance can be given to your team mate playing the other match alongside you!!
There are no hard and fast rules for the week-end, the main thing is just to have a laugh, a bit of banter and hopefully some reasonable (if not good) golf thrown in for good measure.
The only thing I would like you all to remember..................
PLEASE COULD YOU BRING ONE BLUE AND ONE RED SHIRT WITH YOU FOR THE MATCHES. I SUGGESTED THE WHIPPERSNAPPERS WEARING THEIR RED SHIRTS FOR ROUND ONE, BLUE FOR ROUND TWO WITH THE OLD FARTS OBVIOUSLY DOING THE OPPOSITE!! THIS IS A TEAM EVENT, SOME OF US ARE MEETING PEOPLE FOR THE 1st TIME SO THE SHIRT THING IS A HELPFUL IDENTIFIER!
YOUR PARTICIPATION OVER THIS POINT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
I don't think I have left anything out, but if you do have any other queries at all please contact me via pm.
Really looking forward to what should be a cracking week-end.
Cheers lads.
Rob

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone want to share my buggy :D
04nj013b.jpg

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone want to share my buggy :D
04nj013b.jpg
Looking to buggy share on both days - happy to take on the task of compiling a list of Farts looking for buggy share (assume all Whippersnappers would be too embarrassed to be on the list).

Let me know either by posting or PM and I will book the buggies. If you can do that as soon as possible, I can pass the info to the two Captains before they do the draw.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So, what you're saying Smiffy is that the Old Farts will only be recognisable by the colour of their shirts - goodness, the Whippersnappers must look pretty old !

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So, what you're saying Smiffy is that the Old Farts will only be recognisable by the colour of their shirts - goodness, the Whippersnappers must look pretty old !

and a queue at reception to collect the rubber sheets for the mattresses :eek:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just one other little "Pretty Please"..........

I know that some of you are going to want to grab a bite to eat or go for a drink when you first get there, some of you may even want to pop down the practice ground to warm up!
BUT COULD EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY TO MEET UP IN THE MAIN BAR AREA AT 1.30 SO THAT WE KNOW WE HAVE EVERYBODY PRESENT AND CAN FINALISE ANY LAST MINUTE DETAILS.
THANKS

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just been chatting to Laura from the hotel. They have changed the evening meal arrangements from last year. It's now a carvery which is much better than previous years where everyone had to select from a menu before they went out to play golf. Invariably people missed picking something which led to a lot of confusion. Should work much better. Don't forget to leave room for breakfast in the morning. Self service, and the sausages are awesome. Four is never enough..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Surely the old gits should be wearing various shades of beige and sensible shoes

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Just one other little "Pretty Please"..........

I know that some of you are going to want to grab a bite to eat or go for a drink when you first get there, some of you may even want to pop down the practice ground to warm up!
BUT COULD EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY TO MEET UP IN THE MAIN BAR AREA AT 1.30 SO THAT WE KNOW WE HAVE EVERYBODY PRESENT AND CAN FINALISE ANY LAST MINUTE DETAILS.
THANKS
Whats with the shouting, i'm sure you oldies could just use your fairyfocals to adjust to normal type setting font 11 :ears:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Smiffy, just to confirm:

1. Whippersnappers to wear blue on the first day
2. Meeting at 1415 on the putting green
3. Curry for dinner at 1930hrs
4. Foursomes matchplay (full handicap)
5. Rooms available from 11am

Cheers for clarifying.