Final details for Old Farts v Whippersnappers week-end...................

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I honestly thought this was a thing of the past!!! Couldn't pay for anything anywhere without staff inspecting every note under the microscope.

Nothing to do with the Scottish notes, they'd have done the same with English notes 😜

#DodgyLookingCharacter 😂

Jimboh

Visit site
Great weekend at Forest Pines

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys that were at the old farts v whippersnappers. My first time there but will deffo be back next year.
I met a lot of great guys and had a good laugh as well as playing a great golf course, all in was a great weekend.

👍🏻

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re: Great weekend at Forest Pines

A warm welcome to the forum and a great weekend. If your are who i think a welcome to the world of forum golf.
May we meet up again in Scotland with the other gol weekend from there. I missed the Cartnoustie and Thrump weekend last year but hope to make the next Scottie weekend.
All the best and hit them straight down the short stuff.

Last edited:

Jimboh

Visit site

Thanks very much.
Will keep an eye out for some more outings etc.
Also, I'll try and keep them on the right fairway.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Aye that's me.
Hi Willie.
Was hitting some big and also too many wild drives at the weekend. Haha

Welcome to the mad house mate, get wired in, they're a good bunch on here, except for a few knobs. :D
We'll get a game arranged soon :thup:

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
I was going to write a little piece on the Forest Pins trip but Fish has summed it up perfectly!

Big thanks to the absent organiser Rob for all his hard work. Well played on finding an excellent replacement in newly signed up RichRaph who along with the gentle giant Rich (BIM) gave Kraxx & I a proper hiding on Sunday. Photos taken shortly before we succumbed to defeat.

The Craic afterwards in the bar & restaurant was top notch as was the grub. The staff were excellent & even managed to find me a decent glass of Merlot at short notice during the carvery ;)

The result was never in doubt as all the Old Farts had taken to bed early with their Cacao & Ovaltine ready for battle the following morning.

My match on Monday against Twinman (Steve D) was most enjoyable. Hope he's managed to get all the sand out of his shoes, clothes, clubs & bag :rofl: Great company alongside Fragger (dressed in red from top to tail & word has it kaks as well!) & SteveW86 who hit it miles (sometimes in the right direction!)

Agree with Fish re: finishing on either Pines or Forest so we can see (heckle) the final fourballs putting out on the green in front of the clubhouse.

Next year's soiree is already in the diary on 17th & 18th June 2018. Bring it on...! :swing:19532792_10213049939226080_889439572_o.jpgIMG_0646.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0654.jpgIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0662.jpg

Thanks to Richard (BIM) & Stu (Kraxx68) for their excellent captaincy roles & Phil (Fragger) for his Starter role keeping everyone moving.

Thanks to my partner Gary (Region3) in the pairs and to our opposition Jay (Ruff Driver) and I think Merve �� (Merve_Swerve) on day 1 in the pairs, which we won ����

Thanks again to Stu (Kraxx68) who I was drawn against for the singles, it was a good match, you missed some chances to pull level but I also missed some small putts to pull away further earlier in the round, all ifs & buts mate ����

Thanks to the other singles pair in the one sided match between Richard (BIM) and Simon (Paperboy).

Thanks must still go to Smiffy who arranged everything including the weather this year,, cheers matey ����

The Carvery is a huge improvement and overall everything ran like clockwork.

It would be good if we could finish on the Pines on the last day, that way we can see and support everyone coming in unlike on the Beeches which is up the track out of view.

Well done to all that attended, especially those from the Deep South & Scotland, a great meet, bigger numbers and everyone played and got into the spirit of the occasion superbly with some great banter being exchanged.

And next years date is.......��

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk

Nice to meet you Jim. Finally a posh Jock on the forum we can understand down south :whoo:
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys that were at the old farts v whippersnappers. My first time there but will deffo be back next year.
I met a lot of great guys and had a good laugh as well as playing a great golf course, all in was a great weekend.

����