Final details for Old Farts v Whippersnappers week-end...................

dan2844

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Echoing everything previous!
Thank you to Charlie, Phil and Jim for a good game on day one, a very closely contested match.
And thanks also to Chris for a truely enjoyable match today which was very entertaining. Many thanks to Nick & James for the company today too, it was a great round with great people.

Apologies to everyone for the wild driving and hello again to all the players I met on the wrong fairways (rough/trees/long grass)!

Cant wait for more of the same next year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks to Richard (BIM) & Stu (Kraxx68) for their excellent captaincy roles & Phil (Fragger) for his Starter role keeping everyone moving.

Thanks to my partner Gary (Region3) in the pairs and to our opposition Jay (Ruff Driver) and I think Merve 😉 (Merve_Swerve) on day 1 in the pairs, which we won 😎🐟

Thanks again to Stu (Kraxx68) who I was drawn against for the singles, it was a good match, you missed some chances to pull level but I also missed some small putts to pull away further earlier in the round, all ifs & buts mate 😎🐟

Thanks to the other singles pair in the one sided match between Richard (BIM) and Simon (Paperboy).

Thanks must still go to Smiffy who arranged everything including the weather this year,, cheers matey 👍😎

The Carvery is a huge improvement and overall everything ran like clockwork.

It would be good if we could finish on the Pines on the last day, that way we can see and support everyone coming in unlike on the Beeches which is up the track out of view.

Well done to all that attended, especially those from the Deep South & Scotland, a great meet, bigger numbers and everyone played and got into the spirit of the occasion superbly with some great banter being exchanged.

And next years date is.......🤔

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Richard (BIM) & Stu (Kraxx68) for their excellent captaincy roles & Phil (Fragger) for his Starter role keeping everyone moving.

Thanks to my partner Gary (Region3) in the pairs and to our opposition Jay (Ruff Driver) and I think Merve  (Merve_Swerve) on day 1 in the pairs, which we won 

Thanks again to Stu (Kraxx68) who I was drawn against for the singles, it was a good match, you missed some chances to pull level but I also missed some small putts to pull away further earlier in the round, all ifs & buts mate 

Thanks to the other singles pair in the one sided match between Richard (BIM) and Simon (Paperboy).

Thanks must still go to Smiffy who arranged everything including the weather this year,, cheers matey 

The Carvery is a huge improvement and overall everything ran like clockwork.

It would be good if we could finish on the Pines on the last day, that way we can see and support everyone coming in unlike on the Beeches which is up the track out of view.

Well done to all that attended, especially those from the Deep South & Scotland, a great meet, bigger numbers and everyone played and got into the spirit of the occasion superbly with some great banter being exchanged.

And next years date is.......樂

I very good idea Robin (and I had overlooked this I must be honest) and I'm sure it could be arranged.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
I very good idea Robin (and I had overlooked this I must be honest) and I'm sure it could be arranged.

Yeah, I concur with Robin on this one to finish on the Pines... Was a good match as well, still grinding on the 3, 3 putts which really killed me...

Cheers again Smithy for all your hard work and master plan not to turn up, your replacement (ringer) was on fire... :whistle:

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I concur with Robin on this one to finish on the Pines... Was a good match as well, still grinding on the 3, 3 putts which really killed me...

Cheers again Smithy for all your hard work and master plan not to turn up, your replacement (ringer) was on fire... :whistle:

When's your press conference Stu?

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed what was my first proper forum meet. I'll definitely be back for more.

Thanks to Dave for the partnership on day 1 even though we lost and thanks Nick & Dave for taking us to the absolute cleaners :)

Thanks for the game on day 2 Tony and thanks for the great company Charlie and Jim too, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
First off, thank you for organising the meet Smiffy, you efforts are very much appreciated, with the auld farts doing you proud in your absence.

Well played the auld farts, I'm guessing the late night meeting in BiMs room and the rousing team talk did the trick, we would've known what was said but Kraxx planted the listening device in the wrong room, at first we thought he had got it right as all we heard was moans and groans, but then we realised it was.....and we didn't see Kraxx after that.

Seriously though, thank you to Richard for stepping in to captain the OFs and to Stu for once again being the WS captain.

Sunday, was a close run match between myself and Richy v 2Blue and Crow right up until we hit our tee shots on the first, at which point 2Blue and Crow got a lead and never looked back. Well played farts, even though we lost, the craic was good, the company was good and it was a thoroughly enjoyable round of golf. Cheers Richy for the company I know we'll do better next year.

Monday started off good, all square at the turn and then my game vanished, I was pushing something alien around the course trying to hit a little white sphere and had know idea how to do it, I think over nine holes I got my putter out once. In the end the match was all over with three to play. Well played and thank you Raph for putting up with my hacking around the back 9, it was a pleasure to compete against you and look forward to doing it again sometime, where hopefully I can give you a better game. Jan (TeeGirl) and Jay (Ruff Driver) made up our four and it was great sharing the course with you both. At one point I thought Tee Girl was going to pull out a deck chair as she spent that much time in the sand, Ruff Drivers approach play was spot on, lost count of the number of times from around the 150 mark the ball as knocked in stiff.

All in all a great couple of days, thank you to everyone who played, hacked, duffed, stiffed and putted.

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Great week end, big thank you to all the work from Rob and everyone on the day :thup:

Wonderful playing partners and even had good weather.

Its a great venue, not just because its only an hours drive for me :smirk:

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Smiffy for organising a great trip, cant have been easy getting payments and booking for 40 people.

The Captains did a great job organising the teams and the draw for the singles was good fun.

Thanks to Dan, PhiltheFragger, HeavyGrebo, Richy and especially to Rosecott who had to put up with me over both days (I think he is still recovering). He started too well both days starting Sunday with a Par and Monday with a birdie!.....unfortunately it could only go downhill from there. He and Phil gave us a good close game and in the singles.

It was great to see everyone and to hear about the tussles that went on, I agree it would have been good to see the games coming in from the clubhouse. But I'm not sure how many games actually got to the 18th!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Smiffy for organising a great trip, cant have been easy getting payments and booking for 40 people.

The Captains did a great job organising the teams and the draw for the singles was good fun.

Thanks to Dan, PhiltheFragger, HeavyGrebo, Richy and especially to Rosecott who had to put up with me over both days (I think he is still recovering). He started too well both days starting Sunday with a Par and Monday with a birdie!.....unfortunately it could only go downhill from there. He and Phil gave us a good close game and in the singles.

It was great to see everyone and to hear about the tussles that went on, I agree it would have been good to see the games coming in from the clubhouse. But I'm not sure how many games actually got to the 18th!

But it's got to be the easiest place to retrieve your horse smiler 🐎🐴👍

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forget the Miracle of Medinah.

Henceforth the Farts' comeback on day two shall be known as - Chastisement Day (we did it for Smiffy)

I think Sky is editing the footage for broadcast if there's a rain delay during this year's Open :thup:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Belated post!

Great weekend that started off with Cheifi0 hosting James and I at Moor Allerton. Really cool place and a really solid golf course. Despite some dodgy caddying advice by Josh and some ropey golf, I thoroughly enjoyed my round. Thanks mate!!!

A heavy night in Leeds followed which served as a definite reminder that my clubbing days are well and truly over.

Met up with everyone at Forest Pines in good spirits, if a little 'tired' from the night before. Enjoyed a cracking round with James, Grumpyjock and Twinman, securing a pretty comfortable point for the 'snappers. Good chat on the way round- thanks for your company.

Checking in was a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest. Process took around 25 minutes after the receptionist seemed certain that I was bunking with someone called 'Brenda Bainbridge' in a double room, and that she believed this to be my wife. Unfortunately, FP were unable to provide a picture of Brenda, so I opted to gamble by declaring that I hadn't heard of this lady before. She then had to print off all the names, cross-check them against the GM Forum page with our 'real names', get me to email her the list, go through a long winded head-scratching process, before handing over a set of keys for a room. She also stated that the money paid to FP didn't match what the total bill was. Smiffy- you may receive a call from them, but I doubt it.

Agree with the comments about catering- the carvery was superb and a huge improvement on last years' grub. Was stuffed, but still made room for some pudding and bourbon before retiring at a respectable 1130pm.

Following a modest breakfast(!), I played in a four ball with the 3 Ian's- superb company lads, we had a good few laughs along the way. Happy to take a point against IanM and it was fun watching how close the other match was, which ended with a very hard-fought draw.

Overall, me and my Scottish buddy brought home 3 points for the 'snappers..... what the hell happened to the rest of you mugs????!! A (begrudgingly) congrats to the Old Farts, well played.

A mega HUGE thanks to Smiffy for organising, and well done to those who stepped in. I'm in for next year for definite!!!

Oh, and if anyone ended up bunking with Brenda, let me know what I could have won....