family members

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How many of you guys have family members who are members of your club?

My Dad, Brother and myself will all be joining the same club next February and I cant wait to start playing some competitive golf again next season!

I got my Dad into golf a few years back by buying him some lessons as I saw it as a good way to spend more time with him, my brother has recently started to take golf more seriously and now we are going to join a club together which is brilliant imo.

Hopefully it wont lead to any family feud's!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My brother is a member of the same club as me, we play every Friday normally.
My Dad is a member of another course close by but we all make a point of playing together when I’m home from work, always a good day.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
My aunt and her family have been playing for ages, actually, I think they were founding members of the club I am now a memer of as well. My parents picked up golf a few years before I did, after my aunt invited them to take part into a get into golf class at that club. I think, once I started to play golf as well, I would have been shunned and inherited had I thought about joining anywhere else :D I don't mind, though. It is a pretty good golf course with reasonable membership rates (by German standards) and I really enjoy playing with my parents, especially my mum, regularly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Previously I was a member at a club with my wife, son, sister in law, brother in law, father in law, mother in law.

Things have changed now due to divorce, not me, lack of interest from some and geography. I still play with my son and hopefully my wife will return to the game in the near future.

D

Deleted member 21258

My Mum, Me, wife and son are members of our golf club.

Tis a great way to spend time with the family.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife signed up for a great 'Get into Golf' programme the club runs and now meets with a regular group of 6 or so other ladies to have group lessons, rounds on our childrens course, and coffee & cake in the clubhouse. It's been fantastic, and her name is on the waiting list to join as a full member. Most of the other ladies have signed up too.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My wife signed up for a great 'Get into Golf' programme the club runs and now meets with a regular group of 6 or so other ladies to have group lessons, rounds on our childrens course, and coffee & cake in the clubhouse. It's been fantastic, and her name is on the waiting list to join as a full member. Most of the other ladies have signed up too.

...my wife started same way and is now playing at a club... makes every overseas holiday a golf trip! :D And she's going to Turnberry in March with this lot!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My 90 year old FinL and I got into golf together thirty years ago and he still plays nine holes twice a week at the same club as me.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My 90 year old FinL and I got into golf together thirty years ago and he still plays nine holes twice a week at the same club as me.

That's great to hear. I have an ambition to get my Grandfather to pick up his sticks again so that we can have a round with 4 generations of the same family in a 4ball. Even if its just round the local pitch n putt.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
we are a full family of golfers
Myself, HID and both my Boys play at my club
and my Father is a member up country in Bedford. luck ******* had his 1st ever hole in one a few weeks ago.. at 71 yrs old!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
At one point, my wife and two of my sons. My wife stopped following a serious back injury and an even worse reaction to the pain meds. The elder of the two sons only plays occasionally and isn't a member anywhere. The younger one is a pro, and we get to play now and again.

We played a few weeks back. His game was unrecognisable from when we last played. A 3 iron 225yds into a very stiff breeze. A 3 wood 285yds into a very stiff breeze. Thank god he's finally giving me shots.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My wife comes up regularly and uses the clubhouse but doesn't play. Lost my dad years ago and really miss not playing anymore with him. No siblings or kids so no-one else I can play with. I do miss not having a family rival to pit myself against but it is what it is.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play every now and again with my father (soon to be 79). He never played when I was at home (he's a cricketer), so he didn't really introduce me to the game. It's great to get out with him, I can't imagine spending 3 hours wandering around chatting with him under any other circumstance.

chor808

Hacker
Visit site
My wife and young lad are all members at my club, there is no family discount however, would be nice to get a bit off. If I did not play neither would they.

DCB

Visit site
My wife plays regularly and is a member at the same club. Our daughter played whilst in the juniors, but peer pressure kicked in and she gave up just at the point where she was starting to develop a really nice swing. My late father tried the game in later years and it was fun taking him to the range and out on the course for his first proper round. My brother in law and nephew play at the same club as we do.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I first started aged 15 I used to play with my dad and mum every other week. Nowadays my mum doesn't play at all though, and my dad all but gave up for a few years, he's started playing a bit this year but still only gone out 7 or 8 times. My Uncle plays, off 20 at the moment, but he lives up in Leighton Buzzard so he's a member at a different club to me. I've met up with him for a round a few times this year. My missus has showed little to no interest in golf - she once said she might like to play a nine hole, par 3 course on a nice summer's day, but that's it. :lol: