Driving ranges?

sunshine

Visit site
Can you share the detail of the email if you haven’t deleted it yet of course as their website suggests this is not the case?

Here you go. He goes on to list the measures they are putting in place. I’m very surprised given the strict restrictions that golf courses have enforced.

29AB0AF5-D249-4619-AE71-BCAC15063BB7.jpeg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My clubs range is shut at present

My other range is opening

I hope they open the 9 hole course at my club the par 3.. I'd be interested in sneaking off for cheeky 9 holes over there only takes 40 mins and would help the short game come back

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the local pro s who work out of driving ranges are advertising they are coaching again, no details of how they will do this safely.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
wow stealing off your own club.
Hopefully someone at the club reported you and you get thrown out.
Nothing worse than a thief, lowest form of life.
I often buy a basket of 100 balls hit 50 and put 50 in my bag for next time. Next time is next day though! The pro just laughs and calls me tight ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Haven't taken up the offer. I was a tad naughty and broke the rules saying no-one could go out onto the field and pick up balls and so have 7-8 full baskets in the garage to use up. I did do it about 6.30am on Saturday mornings (and was helped by a couple of full buckets being left on the range after the kiddies academy lessons) so once we open up again I have some supplies of ammunition to use
I hope this is another one of your blatant lies. Otherwise you’re openly admitting to stealing over £20 from the range’s till!

Maybe they’d like to know about it?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We get free range balls to use on the practice area. Used to be able to use your own, but health and safety etc when picking them up got it banned.

There are plenty of balls. It's the baskets that go missing. Some people like to have one in their car in case there aren't any available. If everyone does this, they soon disappear. Especially if someone who has a basket takes it home, forgets to bring it, and bags another one. The club has bought way over 100 baskets, but there are only about 20 in circulation. You can buy your own, but people don't. We have been asked to dob in serial offenders, as it affects everyone, and is a real pain in the bottom to turn up and find there are no baskets.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Well Word is our club is going to see how this week goes with a view to opening the range sometime next week. Yesterday’s 18 was sketchy, not sure if it was the wind but I just couldn’t figure distances out. Really need to spend a bit of time on the range and short game area

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our range is currently shut.
Before lockdown, we were asked to bring our own basket / container for balls.
Club doesn't charge for balls.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I often buy a basket of 100 balls hit 50 and put 50 in my bag for next time. Next time is next day though! The pro just laughs and calls me tight ?
s range in Inverness no longer allow golf bags in the range, people were just taking the balsl, not sure why you would balls are pretty poor TBH

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Haven't taken up the offer. I was a tad naughty and broke the rules saying no-one could go out onto the field and pick up balls and so have 7-8 full baskets in the garage to use up. I did do it about 6.30am on Saturday mornings (and was helped by a couple of full buckets being left on the range after the kiddies academy lessons) so once we open up again I have some supplies of ammunition to use
Waking HID up to act as a getaway driver?

Regular Bonnie and Clyde :ROFLMAO:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site

That is truly disgusting behaviour. What if everyone did that? Absolutely appalling. If I was Captain at your club, you'd be facing an even longer time away from being allowed to play.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
2 ranges close to me are open but with restrictions which is fine with me although I bet they shut the only left handed power tee bays!
might pop to one of them today as I need to get out the house

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England golf issued the guidance on Proshops , lessons and driving ranges today

Pro shops may only be used to take bookings, fees and delivery of parcels
Pro may give one to one lessons only
Full advice on driving ranges is still awaiting government clarification