DQ but hcap cut

Swango1980

Visit site
I have a single figure mate who once lost out on winning a major comp because he only ever checked his Stableford points, luckily for him it was the other way round too high a score in the gross column or else he would have been DQd.
We had a guy who "won" one of the biggest events at our club one year with 41 points. However, it was a shotgun start, and before he started on the 4th hole, he was practicing his putting on the 3rd green. Another player saw this and reported it to the Committee during the round. So, this guy was buzzing when he finished the round, only to be told he had to be DQed. Emotions ran high after that, and it nearly turned into a full physical fight between him and the guy that reported it, whilst presentation happened upstairs.

Springveldt

Visit site
Choosing my words carefully, he is ex senior management yet is the most disorganised man I know. I think the reason his points total tallied was because he was put down for a 3 for 3 when it should of been a 4 for 3. His gross score for the hole ( 13 ) was wrong.
What did he enter into the app for the 13th though? Did he put a 4 or a 3? If it's a 3 then he has submitted an incorrect score on his handicap as well. Also, if it was a 3 then his points total on the app wouldn't have matched.

I'm guessing he's put a 4 in the app, saw the points total matched and didn't think anything was amiss.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What did he enter into the app for the 13th though? Did he put a 4 or a 3? If it's a 3 then he has submitted an incorrect score on his handicap as well. Also, if it was a 3 then his points total on the app wouldn't have matched.

I'm guessing he's put a 4 in the app, saw the points total matched and didn't think anything was amiss.
I'm guessing he in-put the App score using the card that he marked... ie. his scores from the 'Markers' column & never really checked his own 'real card' score. Easily done & a lesson that if you have a reasonable score best check the gross scores with your marker..... doesn't take long but is 'yet another thing' to do.
As a DQ never prevented a H/cap adjustment I can't understand why he's surprised it happened on this occasion.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
And this I did not know, esp Only putting his gross score down but not his stableford score ?

I’m surprised you didn’t know there’s only the need to put gross scores on a card and it doesn’t matter if you put stableford points on.

Tough luck on your pp but that’s the rule and he shouldn’t make that mistake again.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've taken to signing my own card before playing as well as the card I'm marking

Ditto

My view is that I have verified the scores with my marker, hole by hole, before handing the card in and the signature just verifies that has taken place.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’m surprised you didn’t know there’s only the need to put gross scores on a card and it doesn’t matter if you put stableford points on.

Tough luck on your pp but that’s the rule and he shouldn’t make that mistake again.

I mentioned this in the 19th today, half of us never knew, and the other half were gobsmacked we never knew. Let’s just say a few ripped into the guy who was DQ. Fortunately I played with him in a fourball today. When we finished the 13 th I casually asked him what he shot. “5” he replied. “ are you sure” I asked. He turned, counted up” yup 5”. At that point I was grinning from ear to ear. He needed more than a pound to put in the swear box.

Tashyboy

Visit site

Exactly this ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
I swear to god it gets better. I played with him yesterday. He forgot to sign his card and was DQ for the second comp in a row. He is on for a hat trick of DQs tomorrow. ?????
I did say he is the most disorganised person I know. Good job he was rammel.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I swear to god it gets better. I played with him yesterday. He forgot to sign his card and was DQ for the second comp in a row. He is on for a hat trick of DQs tomorrow. ?????
I did say he is the most disorganised person I know. Good job he was rammel.

Will probably even be more miffed when he finds out it still counts for handicap

3.3(b)
Card not signed by player or marker
Score acceptable unless marker had a valid reason not to sign card

Tashyboy

Visit site
Will probably even be more miffed when he finds out it still counts for handicap

3.3(b)
Card not signed by player or marker
Score acceptable unless marker had a valid reason not to sign card
He was miffed when his hcap was cut at the weekend ??