Do you record your opponent’s Stableford points on their Scorecard?

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t bother but my oppo today

1. Thought it a requirement​
2. Seemed a bit miffed he couldn’t double-check his points​

C7usk

Visit site
No, I don't bother.. If playing a stableford comp we just enter the scores in app as we go along.. Gives you live scoring.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I always ask the player what his score was, if he tells me 4 for 2 I will put that down.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I will always ensure I work out their points and check with them before signing their card though.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If I don't I usually tell them when I enter their first score, if they ask me to will happily put their points score too

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah I always jot down both gross and points for theirs and note my own too

Nice to know straightaway at the end of round what you scored for the comp format you entered

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never. And we play a lot of stableford. Just check their score on each hole to be sure we agree before I write it down. The computer terminal tots the points.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Always, and always cross check the points totals after 9 and 18. I've never played with anybody that hasn't done this - and played a loads of Stableford golf.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Always, and always cross check the points totals after 9 and 18. I've never played with anybody that hasn't done this - and played a loads of Stableford golf.
You will if we ever play together. ?
I'll gladly tell you your points (if you ask me to keep a live score on the 1st tee), but I will politely request you don't tell me my score after 9 holes, as I don't like to know. Stableford or medal, I find I'm rarely able to recall what I'm on bar the last couple of holes. I'll have marked them all down, but the numbers just don't stick in my head.