Do you record your opponent’s Stableford points on their Scorecard?

IanMcC

Visit site
Dunno if it's just me, but, I write them both in the same box but the Stableford number is much smaller. Kind of like 4 ² - but not above it like that, more in the bottom right corner of the box. I really hate it when people write both numbers the same size so reading it down it looks like 42, 33, 53, etc. :LOL:
Well, you are giving your M&H guy just a little bit more grief. Don't really care what size your numbers are. I would be surprised if your club's scorecard does not provide ample boxes for both gross scores and Stableford scores. And probably nett scores as well. There is a reason for all those boxes.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, you are giving your M&H guy just a little bit more grief. Don't really care what size your numbers are. I would be surprised if your club's scorecard does not provide ample boxes for both gross scores and Stableford scores. And probably nett scores as well. There is a reason for all those boxes.
To be fair, he might not be.

At times, I've had to manually enter all competition scores into the computer. Players writing gross and points in the same box was not necessarily an issue, that would rarely be the case. Especially if both numbers are clearly a different size, then as long as they are written clearly then it is no issue.

I've processed many cards that have caused me more problems simply because people cannot write clearly. Like messy writers, or some who write 2 or 3 different numbers in a very similar style so it is hard to tell what the number actually is.

Sure, I'd recommend sticking the points in the points column. But, just saying it isn't necessarily causing anybody any grief if they do not.

IanMcC

Visit site
To be fair, he might not be.

At times, I've had to manually enter all competition scores into the computer. Players writing gross and points in the same box was not necessarily an issue, that would rarely be the case. Especially if both numbers are clearly a different size, then as long as they are written clearly then it is no issue.

I've processed many cards that have caused me more problems simply because people cannot write clearly. Like messy writers, or some who write 2 or 3 different numbers in a very similar style so it is hard to tell what the number actually is.

Sure, I'd recommend sticking the points in the points column. But, just saying it isn't necessarily causing anybody any grief if they do not.
This is all correct, of course. Lots of players, when writing quickly, make a 3 and a 5 look very similar. The point I am making is that it is more difficult to read if two numbers are crammed into one box, regardless of legibility of the writing.

Swango1980

Visit site
This is all correct, of course. Lots of players, when writing quickly, make a 3 and a 5 look very similar. The point I am making is that it is more difficult to read if two numbers are crammed into one box, regardless of legibility of the writing.
I suppose the point I was making was that, this is not always the case. Depending on the persons writing and the pen / pencil they use, it could still be as clear as day.

However, did get me thinking. Even if might be as clear as day, I wonder if a competition secretary has ever entered both numbers as the players gross score to teach them a lesson. After all, if a 4 and a 2, regardless of font size, appear in the same box, the competition secretary has given them a 42. Total gross score of 846.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
he probably also does not know what NS stands for :rolleyes:
…as in how recording one or more NSs can have different implications than recording one or more NRs. I admit to thinking wrongly early days that NS for a hole meant No Score, and just the same as NR for a hole.?