Do I not like that....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

See this thread.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Sorry but your wrong.

We brought in the USA OLD. System. Fact.

We are now going to be using their NEW System again a fact

Ask @rulefan

He will explain the difference between how CR is used in the USA at compared to ours in working out your playing handicap

So I stand by what I said because it was correct
From England Golf:

What is the World Handicap System (WHS)?​

Developed by The R&A and USGA in collaboration with pre-existing handicap bodies, the WHS is a single, consistent measure of playing ability that calculates a golfer’s handicap in the same way regardless of their location in the world, and gives golfers of all abilities a more unified and inclusive experience in the sport. Since its launch in January 2020 the system is close to being fully adopted worldwide, with England Golf rolling the WHS out in November 2020 to around 1,800 golf clubs across England.

Feel free to sit down.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From England Golf:

What is the World Handicap System (WHS)?​

Developed by The R&A and USGA in collaboration with pre-existing handicap bodies, the WHS is a single, consistent measure of playing ability that calculates a golfer’s handicap in the same way regardless of their location in the world, and gives golfers of all abilities a more unified and inclusive experience in the sport. Since its launch in January 2020 the system is close to being fully adopted worldwide, with England Golf rolling the WHS out in November 2020 to around 1,800 golf clubs across England.

Feel free to sit down.

Read the first post .

sunshine

Visit site
Not correct mate, just like over here it can vary massively: for example from just one Club

CLUBHOUSE
  • Golf or casual attire is acceptable throughout the clubhouse prior to 5:00pm.
  • After 5:00pm, the dress code is as follows:
    • State Room & Solarium - business or elegant attire, sport coat or complementary attire
    • Mixed Grille - club casual, slacks or complementary attire
    • Bar, Men's Grille, Men's and Ladies' Locker Room - casual golf attire
  • Blue Jeans (denim) are not recognized as appropriate attire at any time.
  • Acceptable collared or mock turtleneck shirts must be tucked in at all times and must be free from stains, holes or wrinkles. Ladies may wear a collarless top with sleeves or sleeveless top with a collar provided shoulders and back are covered. Tank tops and tee shirts are prohibited.
  • Bermuda length dress shorts are permitted. Dresses, skirts and skorts are permissible provided no more than 4-1/2" above the knee is exposed. Cargo shorts, denim or gym shorts are prohibited.
  • Hats are not permitted to be worn anywhere inside the clubhouse, with the exception for ladies.
  • Shoes must be worn at all times, except in the locker room. Flip flops, open-toed shoes with or without socks are not acceptable footwear. Ladies are permitted to wear open-toed dress shoes.
  • When sport jackets are required they are to be worn with long slacks.

So this outfit would be ok? Asking for a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 21

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A course a few miles from me has a 240 yard par 3 described on their website as a "monster par 3 that many can't reach....long hitters can take dead aim with all,others just trying to miss the copse of trees on the right..." Says it all.....
A completely ridiculous hole.
It's a 9 hole course and , for the front 9 it's SI is 5...back 9 it's 15...
One reason, amongst others, that if it were the last golf course on Earth j would give up rather than join.....
It's just lazy design really. Does it have a different tee for the back 9 to explain the wildly different SI?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have the same at ours - 220 yards uphill. I have to hit driver for most of the year, only excepting the height of summer when it bone-dry enough to maybe run a wood up to the front edge. This time of year with the ground sopping wet and no roll I usually can't get on there. The majority of members must almost never be on in one. Difficult to get up and down as well as there's a severe slope from back right to front left, meaning if you've got the more typical miss (fading it right of the green) you have a fierce downhill chip. Parring it feels like a birdie.
Sounds similar, it is possible to run it up in the summer but no chance otherwise. The closest I have got to ours is the bunker short left & the shallow gully that goes round the right side a couple of times - as I said, I've never hit the green and in all the times that I have played it in a year, I can count the number of times a playing partner has actually held the green on less than 4 fingers.
As you said, would snatch a hand off for a par

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will put a slightly different slant on things, people who take great pleasure in charging across a room or the putting green and loudly and indignantly remind you to tuck your shirt in or remove your hat or change your socks.

If you want me to do something about my attire, walk over politely and explain your point and preferably be someone with some form of authority to do so and we can discuss the issue in a civilized way. Unlikely but maybe there is a reason, medical or otherwise that I am keeping my head covered, maybe my shirt has just come untucked and I was about to do something about it, maybe i had forgotten my regulation socks and had permission to wear what I have on. These people always seem to want confrontation or to feel that they are the all powerful protector of public standards and, more often than not, are making social assumption based on the application of their own standards.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hole 12. By far the hardest par 3 I've played regularly. Right is dead, left is in the trees (if you find it) and lap of the gods if you have a shot to the green. So narrow and difficult and an SI of 12
Is it a good hole that is hard or is it just a stupid hole? I don't mind a hard hole but I don't like stupid ones.

simsini

Visit site
I've played this hole before and it's pretty pointless. If they put the pin back left it's impossible to get anywhere near it as everything runs from left to right from around 100 yards out.

Park Wood Hole 6.PNG

D-S

Visit site
The first at Churston in Devon, par 3 239 yards flat off the whites, stroke 11, I seem to remember it has a fairway bunker. Dreadful way to start a round of golf.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One other thing that annoys me is clubs that cannot be bothered to maintain bunkers, so they fill them in.

And make some ridiculous excuses as to why it is for the benefit of the course rather than simply saying that bunkers are expensive to maintain and we need to cut costs on, in some cases, increase profit.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I’ll stick some links to some oldish drone footage to our par 3’s
We wouldn’t normally play them off the blue tees but even off the whites they can be challenging.
8th is uphill - add at least ten yards to your clubbing, and it’s into a sloping and tiered green that can be brutal when cut short in the summer.
I don’t have an issue with the length of them - laying up on a par 3 should always be part of your strategy if you’re not a big hitter.