Do I not like that....

D

Deleted member 35504

I actually was with a guy who met a girl in Hooters then married her 😁

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Long par 3's, particularly any over 190yds although 180yds is still pushing it. They are just dull, don't test shorter iron play and are lazy design.
100% this - there's one at my club, 220 off the whites & plays slightly uphill. Thick bushes down the left so a lost ball if you pull it. Green also slopes front right to back left with a drop off the back, so difficult to hold unless you are going in with any loft.
The old time members always tell me that statistically, it's the hardest par 3 in Hampshire - not surprising when most members are hitting driver/3 wood to even have a chance to hit the green. I've been there a year, I haven't hit one tee shot on it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
100% this - there's one at my club, 220 off the whites & plays slightly uphill. Thick bushes down the left so a lost ball if you pull it. Green also slopes front right to back left with a drop off the back, so difficult to hold unless you are going in with any loft.
The old time members always tell me that statistically, it's the hardest par 3 in Hampshire - not surprising when most members are hitting driver/3 wood to even have a chance to hit the green. I've been there a year, I haven't hit one tee shot on it
We have the same at ours - 220 yards uphill. I have to hit driver for most of the year, only excepting the height of summer when it bone-dry enough to maybe run a wood up to the front edge. This time of year with the ground sopping wet and no roll I usually can't get on there. The majority of members must almost never be on in one. Difficult to get up and down as well as there's a severe slope from back right to front left, meaning if you've got the more typical miss (fading it right of the green) you have a fierce downhill chip. Parring it feels like a birdie.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A course a few miles from me has a 240 yard par 3 described on their website as a "monster par 3 that many can't reach....long hitters can take dead aim with all,others just trying to miss the copse of trees on the right..." Says it all.....
A completely ridiculous hole.
It's a 9 hole course and , for the front 9 it's SI is 5...back 9 it's 15...
One reason, amongst others, that if it were the last golf course on Earth j would give up rather than join.....

sunshine

Visit site
If there's a bail out area, I'm ok with 220+ yard par 3's. Essentially it's a par 3.5 and it's a test of your course management. Most people are going to settle for bogey but play it sensibly and you give yourself a chance to get up and down for par. The same goes for long 450+ yard par 4's.

sunshine

Visit site
A course a few miles from me has a 240 yard par 3 described on their website as a "monster par 3 that many can't reach....long hitters can take dead aim with all,others just trying to miss the copse of trees on the right..." Says it all.....
A completely ridiculous hole.

If this was changed to a par 4 would it still be a ridiculous hole?

sunshine

Visit site
Actually off the top of my head I can’t think of anywhere I have visited recently, that isn’t a golf club, that has had a dress code. That includes restaurants, hotels and sports clubs.

Maybe if you had a hat - on the top of your head - you might have encountered a dress code :ROFLMAO:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The missus wanted to go there yesterday for Sunday lunch, good job we didn't as I had a pair of grey joggers on. :LOL:
I wouldn't wear joggers anywhere other than in my house, even though I don't actually own any.
I will own up to a pair of Crocs that I only wear in the garden.

sunshine

Visit site
I wear a hat every day.

Are you on the PGA Tour?

One of the things that struck me a few episodes into the new season of Full Swing is the players wearing hats everywhere: at home, on a plane, at dinner, at a drinks reception. Maybe they are contractually obliged to wear the cap with their sponsor's logo when they are on TV. Or maybe they need educating on what it means to be a real man?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are you on the PGA Tour?

One of the things that struck me a few episodes into the new season of Full Swing is the players wearing hats everywhere: at home, on a plane, at dinner, at a drinks reception. Maybe they are contractually obliged to wear the cap with their sponsor's logo when they are on TV. Or maybe they need educating on what it means to be a real man?
They will be contracted as you suggest.

Michael Jordan played my course about 10 years ago. Rumour has it that he couldn't come in to the clubhouse as we didn't have Gatorade!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't also forget that Americans like wearing caps on or off the course. I've been in a range of places with Americans present and caps on at all times, indoors or out, is pretty standard.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you on the PGA Tour?

I assumed it was this, although it's still funny to see them wearing their full golf gear + cap on an aeroplane, and sat at home with the wife etc. Must create quite the dilemma for them when inside a clubhouse and a cameras turns up there... Take the hat off and be told off by sponsors or leave it on and be asked to leave the clubhouse? Decisions decisions.

D-S

Visit site
But they do.

If someone walked into the restaurant in beach shorts, flip flops and a wife-beater they wouldn't let him sit down, therefore there is some sort of code to adhere to.

Anyway sounds great 👍😁
It is, thanks for asking. Just over 3 hours flight, same time as UK, 30 plus degrees but a very dry heat, very good golf a lot cheaper than the Algarve or Costas. Friendly people, amazing history - what’s not to like?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assumed it was this, although it's still funny to see them wearing their full golf gear + cap on an aeroplane, and sat at home with the wife etc. Must create quite the dilemma for them when inside a clubhouse and a cameras turns up there... Take the hat off and be told off by sponsors or leave it on and be asked to leave the clubhouse? Decisions decisions.
Clubhouses in the states won't have the rule, it wouldn't enter their minds to have it.

Some big ones over here that are looking to attract US golfers don't care either. I've seen Americans in the clubhouse at Turnberry with caps on for example. Know your target market.