• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apologies for yet another thread on this subject but I'm keen to know whether custom fitting has improved your game?

I plan to be custom fitted in the new year probably at Precision Golf because they are close to where I live and I've heard very good things about them.

This will be a first for me and I am curious to see how much of an improvement (if any) would be gained.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Definitely improved my iron play having been fit for Mizzy's early this year. Accuracy has improved immensely bringing with it more birdie chances, more of which I've taken.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out of interest what changed after the CF Imurg? Shaft flex? lie angle?
I was using standard fit X20 Tours and although I wasn't playing badly the clubs needed replacing. An extra 1/2 inch on a slightly stiffer shaft(PX5.0 to DGS300) with a slightly flatter lie seems to have made all the difference.

CF made a difference for me as did getting rid if my pings and movng to TM. Was custom fitted on saturday in Solihull for my new TM TP irons.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I said yes but not for the obvious reasons. I had my driver fitted and what it has done is stop me thinking that there is something out there that is better for me. Used to change my driver if I had a couple of bad rounds but not looked at another one since I was fitted.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got fit for my tp's, diff shaft from previous irons and 2 deg up, didnt make the diff I hoped, iron play was still good, but think they got shaft wrong, just got fit for r9tp, same spec Ie 2 deg up, but diff shaft, see how it goes!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Made a huge difference to me. Found that i needed slightly longer shafts, with flatter lie. Had the fitting a year ago, and dropped from 13 to 9.

mickygees

Visit site
Got fitted for Mizuno 58's a couple of months ago and found out I'd been using the wrong shaft for 15 years ie S300. Moved to the Project X 6.5 and what a difference. Anyone who doesn't get fitted is missing a trick.

jimmusuk

Medal Winner
Visit site
Could stroke reductions post CF boil down to the fact that following an CF you are likely to buy new clubs (newer tech) and put more practice time in with your new gear as well as the clubs being that bit more suited to your body/swing?

Would good gear off the shelf and increased practice time, confidence and motivation (same as gained from an CF) not improve your game similarly?

Saying that I will be getting custom fit for new gear in the future once I break teen hcap (that's my motivator to get the hcap down anyway)!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
My new mizzies are much too nice to ruin practicing with them ! Can honestly say they have been no where near the practice ground, except when i sliced one down the 8th.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

The one aspect of CF that I am most interested in getting checked properly is lie angle. I've always had a suspicion that stock irons have shafts that are best suited to the taller player. I'm about 5 ft 10, my irons sit at address with the toe slightly off the turf.

I just found this link and checked the distance from my wrist to the floor - supposedly a way of telling what lie angle adjustment is required. Being about 30" it also points to me needing a flatter lie angle. BTW I wont mention any of this at my CF because the last thing I want is to set any expectation, I want the custom fitter to point this out!!

http://www.proseriesgolf.com/info/small.php?cat=liehelp

How common is it to alter lie angles at custom fit I wonder? and what impact will it have? I guess only time will tell.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sawtooth,
Iv been recently fitted for new Ping i15's and like you i was very sceptical of CF.
I came away from that fitting alot more confident in my ball striking for one.
Im not much taller than you 5'11" but i have a wrist to floor measurement of 33".....
I was fitted for stiff shafts with the lie .75 degrees flatter..
My current Cobra Irons are much more upright as the toe of the irons is well up off the ground at address....
Whether this will have a big effect on my game only time will tell but the initial results look good....
Also even on off the shelf clubs lie angle like shaft length's vary enormously.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm 5'8" and 32.5" wrist to floor. I have my irons 2deg flat.

It all depends on how you stand at address and how you swing the club more than static measurements.

If I remember right, I'm sure Bob has said the toe should be slightly off the ground at address, because the shaft will flex during the swing.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
no need for a full custom fit to check lie angle, your pro can do that in 5 minutes off a strike board. I'm 5'11 and ended up 2 deg upright. It has less to do with height than the way you stand.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I knew I needed stiffer shafts and would have ordered them with or with out a custom fitting.

As for the extra 1/4 inch, 2 deg upright and 1 deg stronger not sure myself. I like the fact they are 1 deg stronger but think the better flight and much less balloning is alot more to do with the shaft.