Crossfield v Whoever

Springveldt

Visit site
NLU 540k views last 30 days
Erik anders lang 437k views last 30 days
Golf sidekick 652k views last 30 days.
Crossfield 2.43 million views last 30 days..
So Crossfield is averaging 80K views a day? Didn't realise, the quick glance numbers just weren't showing that. I also contribute to those numbers since I watch the vast majority of his videos.

edit: Just had another quick glance and he only has 2 videos in the last 3 weeks that come near the 80K mark. Either that 2.43M number is wrong or the view count on the uploads page is wrong.

edit2: I’m guessing total views will account for people watching older videos as well. Long day, guess my brain is tired...

Last edited:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of comments on here about Orka fitters vs independent fitters.
My understanding is that other than Alex, all their fitters are independents who invariably also fit other brands. So not sure that they fit one way for Orka and use a different approach for other makes.....or do they?

albie999

Visit site
I am also confused a little, why fitters only fit with a 7 iron, and that you cannot also test with a 5 iron. The reason I ask, is that my current set, my 5 and 6 iron pretty much go similar to my 7, so I have stepped into a hybrid for 5,6 etc ... however, if I only get a fit done with a 7 .... how will I know (until they turn up) if I can hit the 4,5 or 6 the distance I want

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So Crossfield is averaging 80K views a day? Didn't realise, the quick glance numbers just weren't showing that. I also contribute to those numbers since I watch the vast majority of his videos.

edit: Just had another quick glance and he only has 2 videos in the last 3 weeks that come near the 80K mark. Either that 2.43M number is wrong or the view count on the uploads page is wrong.

edit2: I’m guessing total views will account for people watching older videos as well. Long day, guess my brain is tired...
I agree, his views per subscriber ratio is very poor. Most of his videos are lucky to do 30k after a few days, he does upload alot of content 2 videos a day etc but his viewing numbers are poor for a channel of his size. Cant say I'm surprised though because you have to listen to alot of his drivel before you get any useful information

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I agree, his views per subscriber ratio is very poor. Most of his videos are lucky to do 30k after a few days, he does upload alot of content 2 videos a day etc but his viewing numbers are poor for a channel of his size. Cant say I'm surprised though because you have to listen to alot of his drivel before you get any useful information
Who is viewing is more important than how many. US views are the real winners, worth way more than UK. I don't know his breakdown, but his channel is still pretty popular. So many other channels offering similar stuff he has to try and be different.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Who is viewing is more important than how many. US views are the real winners, worth way more than UK. I don't know his breakdown, but his channel is still pretty popular. So many other channels offering similar stuff he has to try and be different.
Problem is his idea of different, he has a terrible sense of humour and if someone watched his content once they would just be like what ? He has what he thinks are jokes which he drops every 2 minutes but you wont get them unless you've watched his channel for about 6months. He also has loads of digs at other youtubers, media, manufacturers & just about everybody. He was even trying to put down Harry Flower not that long ago, I mean that guy is 24and does his own thing from what I can tell, doesnt mention Crossfield. He's in his 40's and acts like an 11 year old school kid, I mean I'd be embarrassed if I were him

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am also confused a little, why fitters only fit with a 7 iron, and that you cannot also test with a 5 iron.
James Robinson did a video on YouTube where he got fitted into blades for short and mid irons and cavity clubs for long irons. There must be something available to do long and short.
Didn’t really follow it in detail so I don’t know where and what. MP something or the other

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is drama on YouTube gets views and attention so starting a war if words helps keep the views up

User20204

Visit site
Whatever you think of MC, the best thing he has done for all of us has been to question the BS that comes out of the marketing from the top companies, I mean twist face, come on eh.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Whatever you think of MC, the best thing he has done for all of us has been to question the BS that comes out of the marketing from the top companies, I mean twist face, come on eh.
He isnt the only person to question the manufacturers, in fact I'd say rick shiels is more harsh on them than Mark crossfield is. at any rate why would anyone watch a review by a guy who is paid to endorse a certain brand of clubs ? He has no place to criticise other manufacturers because he isnt unbiased in, he has a club and ball deal with srixon/Cleveland. Lockey is sponsored by Callaway, their bias is ripping right out just about whatever they do. Mark doesnt like criticism, he hates it when people call him out on it

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Well there's clearly no reasoning with you is there :ROFLMAO:
Not sure I'm getting you mate ? I'm just pointing out how it's a bit ridiculous to listen to a guy who has a contract with a club/ball manufacturer review products of other club and ball manufacturers? can you not see the conflict here ? I also pointed out how his content is full of snide digs, private jokes and offers little value to new viewers/subscribers IMO. 2 years ago he was the biggest on youtube, now rick shiels has more than double his subscribers and way more than treble his views, perhaps you can tell us why you think that is ? Its obvious to me.

User20204

Visit site
Your opinion of him has came over loud and clear.

I don't fall into the bracket of conflict with him, in his time with Titleist I thought he was opinionated about all and everything, I don't believe he at any time was biased towards them and I watched most of them. Given your opinion on him, I very much doubt you watched to many so I'm not so sure you're in a position to offer a reasonable point.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Crossfield.
I find most of his content very funny and a lot of it is very informative.
He may have very strong opinions and does come up with some controversial stuff, but that's just his opinion.
It also gets people to question some commonly accepted beliefs, which can only be a good thing.
He gets people talking and I like that.
Having said all that, I do miss Grandan.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Your opinion of him has came over loud and clear.

I don't fall into the bracket of conflict with him, in his time with Titleist I thought he was opinionated about all and everything, I don't believe he at any time was biased towards them and I watched most of them. Given your opinion on him, I very much doubt you watched to many so I'm not so sure you're in a position to offer a reasonable point.
I've watched plenty of his stuff, I haven't always disliked him it's a position I've accumulated over recent months/the last year. He is biased, although he does edit to try and mask it as much as possible though if you watch closely you will find comments etc that are clearly bias in every way.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Crossfield.
I find most of his content very funny and a lot of it is very informative.
He may have very strong opinions and does come up with some controversial stuff, but that's just his opinion.
It also gets people to question some commonly accepted beliefs, which can only be a good thing.
He gets people talking and I like that.
Having said all that, I do miss Grandan.
Cant say I find his content all that informative and his idea of banter is painful. He just likes to use the wooden spoon and I'm almost certain its cost him big when it comes to his overall popularity and success on YouTube. He cant stand to be proven wrong, its actually quite funny when you see someone question him. Did he ever do an update with his students who did 'the journey ' ? Did any of them actually improve ? not sure he has changed any opinions on mass of commonly accepted golfing beliefs. perhaps you can point me in the right direction, I'm more than happy to learn but to my knowledge he hasn't.