Crossfield v Whoever

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I tend to dip in & out the YouTube usual suspects but am going to mention James Wilshire as don't think he has so far.
I'm probably not the target audience, he's closer in age to my children ?, and says literally too often ? but I've found myself going back to his channel more.
He's a former long driver and gym bunny now trying to give golf proper a go. He's been quite open documenting a few blow ups on the Jamega this year, I think I relate to his tendency to over think on the course and sometimes be over technical.
Anyway reason for posting today, a guy called Steve Surry (Sunshine tour regular) had been helping him out recently- trying to show him how to manage a round, build a score etc. Possibly due to lockdown James went out to Joburg to caddy (well film) for Steve. Steve is currently on the Euro tour leaderboard.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I tend to dip in & out the YouTube usual suspects but am going to mention James Wilshire as don't think he has so far.
I'm probably not the target audience, he's closer in age to my children ?, and says literally too often ? but I've found myself going back to his channel more.
He's a former long driver and gym bunny now trying to give golf proper a go. He's been quite open documenting a few blow ups on the Jamega this year, I think I relate to his tendency to over think on the course and sometimes be over technical.
Anyway reason for posting today, a guy called Steve Surry (Sunshine tour regular) had been helping him out recently- trying to show him how to manage a round, build a score etc. Possibly due to lockdown James went out to Joburg to caddy (well film) for Steve. Steve is currently on the Euro tour leaderboard.
Back in the day, steve stury's mum used to contribute to one of the forums, but I can't remember if it was this one, golfmagic(most likely, but does it even exist anymore), or golfwrx. It was when he was at a similar stage in his career to where GJ is now iirc, and gacve some insight into the precarious existence of a young pro. Glad to see he's still at it.
On GJ, i remember when he was one of crossfields shopboys! I think he was between lockey and buzza (though buzza was more of a 'proper' pro I think).

evemccc

Visit site
Back in the day, steve stury's mum used to contribute to one of the forums, but I can't remember if it was this one, golfmagic(most likely, but does it even exist anymore), or golfwrx. It was when he was at a similar stage in his career to where GJ is now iirc, and gacve some insight into the precarious existence of a young pro. Glad to see he's still at it.
On GJ, i remember when he was one of crossfields shopboys! I think he was between lockey and buzza (though buzza was more of a 'proper' pro I think).

I have seen a little of this. JW comes across okay, and it’s an interesting channel but I really think Steve Surry comes across really well.

Hope he does well for himself as he seems a good pro and nice fellow

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saw a bit of Steve Surry in a Jamega Tour event at Royal Ascot. Great first round but fell away and surprisingly only 19th on their OOM. I would have thought maybe higher but if he has Europro and Sunshine Tour playing rights I assume he only plays a limited Jamega schedule to keep playing competitively.

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’m not really sure what niche MC fills to be honest...

Golf Sidekick - course management vlogs, breaking 100 series, breaking 90 etc

Golf Mates - a bit silly but entertaining course vlogs

Danny Maude and Chris Ryan - excellent tuition, likeable guy

Bad Golf - course vlogs, normal guys barely past beginners at the start, bad to improving standard handicap

Rich Shiels, Pete Finch, James Robinson - all round content, mixed bag but worth subscribing too

... with MC, I’m not sure what he does that the above I subscribe to don’t do better? I liked his ball reviews but I don’t trust his club reviews. Vlogs aren’t as well produced as Golf Mates, Bad Golf etc...