Crossfield v Whoever

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost seems like a direct response to that Orka video with Liam from GolfMates where Alex (Orka) says words to that effect - that the clubhead is irrelevant in comparison to the shaft.

(Edit: I only just opened the tweet and responses to see Alex is already involved, ha.)

Last edited:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does them both good; generates discussion. I’m always suspicious of these “spats”.
Obviously as an employee I am
Biased to Alex, but marks post stinks of - Orka is a hot topic at the moment on the golf forums/Facebook groups etc, so I’m going to say something to try and steal their limelight.

I’ve made it very clear I cannot stand Crossfield (way before I ever worked for Orka), and stuff like this is exactly why

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I shall pass on this popcorn thread.

I see dead people at times and I see through a lot of Tom Kite also.

A casual observer I shall be!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Obviously as an employee I am
Biased to Alex, but marks post stinks of - Orka is a hot topic at the moment on the golf forums/Facebook groups etc, so I’m going to say something to try and steal their limelight.

I’ve made it very clear I cannot stand Crossfield (way before I ever worked for Orka), and stuff like this is exactly why

Who is the nearest Orka fitter in Kent Sam?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
This gives Mark Crossfield:

A) Publicity, which likely means more video views, which means money in his pocket.

B) Attention, which he seems to so desperately crave.

I do get that this is kind of his game now, but from the outside he just appears like a bit of a tit. I'll never forget how badly he came across on that Daily Mail video - you have to do quite well to make yourself look bad when they're on the opposing side.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This gives Mark Crossfield:

A) Publicity, which likely means more video views, which means money in his pocket.

B) Attention, which he seems to so desperately crave.

I do get that this is kind of his game now, but from the outside he just appears like a bit of a tit. I'll never forget how badly he came across on that Daily Mail video - you have to do quite well to make yourself look bad when they're on the opposing side.
What video is that?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly it is an argument that cannot be won on Twitter. If you engage then he gets attention and potentially views on his channel (though he does appear unwilling to engage back with those countering his views) and if you do not engage then he will take the stance that he must be right as nobody challenged him. Meanwhile, as with most people with a certain level of following, the rabid keyboard warrior fans will begin attacking anyone who speaks against him. Happens in all sorts of review circles on social media.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
What video is that?
A few years back he put a very poorly worded poll on twitter, and it came across as a bit sexist. Lynx golf jumped on it and gave him a bit of a telling off. Instead of backing down, Crossfield in his typical style told everyone that they were wrong and he was right, pretty much. The Daily Mail saw the chance of a story and so reported on it in their fairly typical style.

Crossfield then talked with them on the phone as he disputed bits of the article, recorded it and posted it on Youtube, and generally came across as an utter douche bag.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like his stuff less and less these days but he’s always been a bit of a know-it-all holier than thou douchebag.