The Cricket Thread

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched the clip of Root & co 'partying' into the morning. Though i guess there is more to it. However, in my eyes, the boys have been away for long. It is the end of the series and they were sitting with the opposition and having a drink. I am sure it got a bit noisy.
Cant see why this is wrong..

PS: I may have to take this back when more info emerges..

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched the clip of Root & co 'partying' into the morning. Though i guess there is more to it. However, in my eyes, the boys have been away for long. It is the end of the series and they were sitting with the opposition and having a drink. I am sure it got a bit noisy.
Cant see why this is wrong..

PS: I may have to take this back when more info emerges..
Strangest thing about the video in my eyes, is that it was filmed by one of the assistant coaches - Graham Thorpe. Not sure how it then got onto social media:rolleyes:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Strangest thing about the video in my eyes, is that it was filmed by one of the assistant coaches - Graham Thorpe. Not sure how it then got onto social media:rolleyes:
Perhaps Thorpe was in a Whats App Group with the players and shared it with them so that they could ALL reflect on what an enjoyable series they all had:mad:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Current England camp leakier than a 2 year pair of golf shoes, plenty of information being fed to journalists from "disgruntled" parties lol, expect this was a shared video within the group that one readily passed on

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

.. even stranger were his words... 'this is for the lawyers..'

I am assuming the series of events would have been that a complaint was made, they got evicted by the police, Thorpe filmed it just in case this gets murky similar to other work parties in the news...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it is allowable according to current Covid restrictions in Australia then it is a total non story. It is a fundamental part of cricket that teams mix after a game and in Test cricket, after a series. These guys all know each other, it is sport, not war.

If it goes against current restrictions that is a different matter but then the home players are in the same mess. Is the issue just that they were having a drink together when the England team should have been wearing black and been in mourning?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it is allowable according to current Covid restrictions in Australia then it is a total non story. It is a fundamental part of cricket that teams mix after a game and in Test cricket, after a series. These guys all know each other, it is sport, not war.

If it goes against current restrictions that is a different matter but then the home players are in the same mess. Is the issue just that they were having a drink together when the England team should have been wearing black and been in mourning?

Think it is just becusae the police were involved. From what I can see there was nothing particularly wrong except it was 6.00 in the morning, the bar wanted to close and they were being a bit loud. Nothing more from the police beyond 'dont you think that you have had enough, the bar staff have homes to go to, time to leave gents'. Seems to be nothing more than then press seeing that public opinion is not on the side of England cricket so trying to conjure up some controversy to kick them whilst they are down. What they seem to have discovered is nothing really happened and nobody really cares, just blokes letting their hair down after being bubbled to some extent or another since before Xmas.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The topic came up at the school cricket practice today. Everyone who has played a sport, found it utterly news-unworthy. A nothing story, wherein you sit down with the opposite side at the end of a long series and move on.

The only thing to watch out is, did it breach local rule (and then the Aussies are in bigger trouble)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Melbourne Stars scoring 273-2 in the Big Bash!:eek::eek::eek: 3rd highest score ever in T20

Maxwell got 154 no off 64 balls. Only got 4 sixes but managed 22 fours! Must have been so disheartening to bowl at him, 8 bowlers used and none went for less than 10 an over, one went for 40 off 2!

D

Deleted member 3432

Chance for Vince to claim a test place if he can bat through to 20 overs ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the daft thing is this is actually a decent deck for the S***heaps you normally get in the caribbean these days, for some reason we seem to think its a minefield

morgan especially looks in horrible nick