CR-Par

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Well actually many players will have significantly lower course handicaps when this is introduced (especially on shortened winter courses) e.g. my CH off the tees I will be playing on Saturday will be 5 but with CR-Par it will be 2, equally my white tee ch is currently 5 but will be 7.
Precisely my point. Well put.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Less than they had before.
CR-Par means everyone's handicap will be moved up a bit or they will all be moved down a bit. Your score against the course remains the same.

Yes and now that will be directly reflected in your course handicap.
No it won't. The difference between par and course rating does that. You will simply be adding or subtracting this. Your score against the course remains the same.

Reactions: sjw

D-S

Visit site
Sorry. I've edited in my answer above.[/QUOTE]
No offence I don’t understand your reply. In simplistic terms currently my ch is the same of all three tee sets at my club 5 - this does not reflect the difficulty vs Par, I have to do a separate calculation after my round.
In future dependent on the tee set it will be 2, 5 or 7 which will reflect the cr and par of the particular tee set.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Sorry. I've edited in my answer above.
No offence I don’t understand your reply. In simplistic terms currently my ch is the same of all three tee sets at my club 5 - this does not reflect the difficulty vs Par, I have to do a separate calculation after my round.
In future dependent on the tee set it will be 2, 5 or 7 which will reflect the cr and par of the particular tee set.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to do that calculation after your round, you can do it before your round. It is CR-Par.
Handicaps reflect the differences between us, the players. That is what they are for.
Your score against the course for handicapping will be the same whatever your course handicap is.

Reactions: sjw

peld

Visit site
Interesting
At my club, we have two very different levels of difficulty courses

Off a HCI of 11.0 my CH for our main East course white tees is 13, and 11 on the West Course.
If the calculation is correct, under the new rules, ill play off 14 on the East but 8 off the West.
Does that automatically make me a Cat 2 golfer?!?!

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Interesting
At my club, we have two very different levels of difficulty courses

Off a HCI of 11.0 my CH for our main East course white tees is 13, and 11 on the West Course.
If the calculation is correct, under the new rules, ill play off 14 on the East but 8 off the West.
Does that automatically make me a Cat 2 golfer?!?!
No. Your strokes received may change, but so will everyone else's.
How your scores are used for handicapping remain the same.

D-S

Visit site
"You don't have to do that calculation after your round, you can do it before your round. It is CR-Par.

Handicaps reflect the differences between us, the players. That is what they are for."

Your score against the course for handicapping will be the same whatever your course handicap is.[/QUOTE]

Well, from all the threads on here regarding, abnormal, good or bad performances and in the chat in spike bars across the country, I have hardly ever heard anyone quote their or anyone else's performance vs CR and Slope. This would suggest to me that very, very few are doing this calcioluation after and certainly not before their round. It will now be done for them which is a good thing.
I understand your point about handicaps being only important as relativity to other players but the amount of posts on here describing posters or unnamed bandits performance in terms of Stableford points achieved indicates that this is not a view shared by all.