CR-Par

D-S

Visit site
I understand that EG will be moving to CR-Par as part of the CH calculation. Timing will be later this year - this is going to mean new boards (or at least new sheets stuck over current ones) by the first tee.
Good move in my eyes and will align better with the rest of the world.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand that EG will be moving to CR-Par as part of the CH calculation. Timing will be later this year - this is going to mean new boards (or at least new sheets stuck over current ones) by the first tee.
Great move.

any sources for this?

wjemather

Visit site
Great news if true. Source please?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What makes the addition of cr-par better for handicapping other than alignment with the rest of the world?

Skytot

Visit site
I’ve googled CR -Par and nothing. Can someone give an explanation please ?

D-S

Visit site
What makes the addition of cr-par better for handicapping other than alignment with the rest of the world?
It will mean that every time we get someone on here saying that x scored y points in a comp, we won't have to always ask what the CR and slope is of the course.

D-S

Visit site
I’ve googled CR -Par and nothing. Can someone give an explanation please ?
Your CH currently is Handicap Index X (Slope rating/113).
In future it will be Handicap Index X (Slope rating/113) + (Course Rating-Par) - this means that if you have one set of tees that is for example par 72 CR 69 - your current CH will be reduced by 3 shots, if you have another set of tees which is par 72 CR 73 your current CH will be increased by 1 shot.
This will all be calculated on the various Apps and on the boards but in essence and roughly if you get 36 points you will have played to your handicap whereas in the 1st example I gave you would currently need 39 points and in the second 35 points.

D

Deleted member 31467

I don't really understand this but I think it's good news for me. My course is par 70 but CR 71.5

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I believe that I will be going out on the same course, shooting the same scores and achieving the same score differentials.
So my objective of beating my 8th best score remains exactly the same and CR-Par having been used in my CH calculation makes no change whatsoever to this.

(Edit: Oh yes, if my CH changes, then there might be a change to the number of shot-holes impacting nett double bogey limit. Not a big deal, though)