Courses to join/play St Albans area (Hi, I'm new)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long were your courses or courses in the area shut for in the winter or ruined by the weather? Is it really the case that you can only golf early Spring to late Autumn?

Very rarely closed at Aldwickbury. Qualifiers played all through the winter off full tees and full greens, no temporaries.

If you want the opportunity to play in plenty of comps, there are usually 9-12 qualifying comps per month.
They have a scratch team and a team that plays in the Chiltern Breakfast league so plenty of opportunity to play team games as well.
Also around 7 or 8 different swindles and there is an annual swindle challenge where they all compete against each other.
In my opinion it's a much better course than Redbourne and hosts the Jamega Tour each year. The £750K they've just invested in the clubhouse extension and refurbishment shows they are happy to splash the cash. Bar staff and management are really friendly and helpful.

The membership are very welcoming to new members and you'll quickly feel like part of the furniture....

Can't recommend it highly enough.

G

guest100718

Very rarely closed at Aldwickbury. Qualifiers played all through the winter off full tees and full greens, no temporaries.

If you want the opportunity to play in plenty of comps, there are usually 9-12 qualifying comps per month.
They have a scratch team and a team that plays in the Chiltern Breakfast league so plenty of opportunity to play team games as well.
Also around 7 or 8 different swindles and there is an annual swindle challenge where they all compete against each other.
In my opinion it's a much better course than Redbourne and hosts the Jamega Tour each year. The £750K they've just invested in the clubhouse extension and refurbishment shows they are happy to splash the cash. Bar staff and management are really friendly and helpful.

The membership are very welcoming to new members and you'll quickly feel like part of the furniture....

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Yes a lovely course, Ive played there quite a few times over the years. always in good nick and the layout is nice with some tough holes.