Recommended courses in Warwickshire area

Tommy77777

Visit site
Hi all

Looking to join a club in the Warwick/Leamington area this coming Spring. Moving up from London area so would welcome any recommendations. Especially interested in clubs that might have roll ups during the week over the Summer months.

Many thanks!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Kenilworth GC and Stratford upon Avon GC are both traditional members clubs with decent courses, the Stratford being near the river does get closed a fair bit.
Leamington and County GC is less expensive and packed into a small area, haven't played it so can't comment on quality.
Roll ups should feature at all the above but best to speak direct to them for details.

The Warwickshire is more of a corporate feel but has two courses, can be busy with societies etc.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Coventry Golf Club is on the south edge of Cov which would make it an option for you.

On its website ...

Cov golf club.jpg

Coventry, Kenilworth and Stratford Upon Avon will all be about £1500 for full membership.
The Warwickshire will be expensive.
The cheaper option is Stoneleigh Deer Park golf club which will be about £1,000 for full membership.

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Kenilworth GC and Stratford upon Avon GC are both traditional members clubs with decent courses, the Stratford being near the river does get closed a fair bit.
Leamington and County GC is less expensive and packed into a small area, haven't played it so can't comment on quality.
Roll ups should feature at all the above but best to speak direct to them for details.

The Warwickshire is more of a corporate feel but has two courses, can be busy with societies etc.
Leamington & County GC - you have a short memory. We came third in the seniors pairs open there in June 🤣

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Both Coventry and Stratford-Upon-Avon are very good and largely flat parkland courses. Leamington & County is quite hilly and decent and Coventry Hearsall is also worth considering.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Leamington & County GC - you have a short memory. We came third in the seniors pairs open there in June 🤣

😂 You're absolutely right of course, for some reason I was thinking of Rugby GC, and you've reminded me, I still need to spend the voucher!

Leamington & County was an enjoyable course with some big elevation changes, quite tight in places if I remember correctly.